20 Gauge TSS Alternative.....

HD28

To anyone interested in an alternative to expensive TSS shells for a 20 gauge, I bought some Hevi Shot 3" Magnum Blend shells to try and really like them. I wasn't real satisfied with the down range energy of the 20 ga Longbeards and I just can't afford the price of TSS. I don't have any pics and such, but in my 21" barrel Remington 870 20 ga with an Indian Creek .562 choke, the 40 yd hunting pattern was excellent! Very even and not too tight. Slightly better than the Longbeard shells in my gun. As far as energy goes, I had a pallet propped up and the Hevi Shot knocked it over whereas the Longbeard would not at 40 yds. Not trying to start a debate, just give an idea to anyone looking for a TSS alternative. As always....YMMV. Good luck this season!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Maybe try the Federal 3rd degree shells

hunter 85

I do shoot fed tss 9 in my 20 but I wouldn’t if fed still made the heavy weight #7. But for me personally after the start up cost over a long term it still isn’t real bad if you think you will shoot maybe 1-3 boxes to pattern/sight in then 1-3 shells a year till they discontinue the shells or you run out

Timberjack86

I'm pretty impressed with the killing power of the longboards at 40 yards. I killed 2 birds last year. 1 was at 40 with minimal floppage and the other at 20 with no floppage. Dead is dead in my book.My wallet and Mossberg 20 gauge loves them.

Latest posts