2021 Oglethorpe County

Steven037

Man that chili was good. May break out the buddy heater in the morning. Wasn’t a lot of shots this afternoon. Had a 4 pointer hang around all afternoon. Couple of small does and even a bobcat. Heard some hogs in the distance but they never came my way.

Triple C

Made chili yesterday for dinner n forgot to take a pic.

Lil Man wanted to come hang out with Poppy yesterday n spent the night. Brooks n other grandson hunting while Lil Man n me making breakfast.
273807DE-B576-46A4-80F2-954EA077E452.jpeg

Had deer all out in front of us yesterday afternoon when 2 pigs came out. He wanted pigs over deer. #makingmemories
3486C398-DAD0-4926-9442-905527882C14.jpeg

Buford_Dawg

LOL at this last few posts of this thread, we also had chili in camp yesterday, saltine crackers, hot dogs, onion, cheese and sour cream. Good eats sitting around camp fire. So this weekend could not have been any better, well maybe if I had shot a "Booner", LOL... Our camp took 4 nice bucks and my fellow hunting buddy on here got a nice one as well, so 5 bucks on our properties. I thought last weekend was outstanding, but this weekend topped it. I did zero on several sits, but for most part had bucks chasing does every hunt and one hunt saw 4 bucks after one doe, passing on a nice 8 that sit. Ended up taking a nice wide chocolate horned 8 point yesterday about 4:15, but the best part of the weekend hunt was my 80 YO (almost 81, 8 days from now) getting his best buck in 15+ years out of my stand that I suggested he go hunt Friday AM. Hope those in the woods this weekend had as much fun as we did. Couple of pictures from the weekend.
IMG_3775.jpgIMG_3771.jpg

fredw

Retired Moderator
Deer moved for us this weekend. Everyone who hunted saw deer on each hunt but the bucks were small. Couple of good chases seen.

One of our members shot a sow that weighed 187.3 pounds on digital scales. She was carrying 9 unborn piglets.

No chili at our lease. We hit up G-brand for pulled pork and stew.IMG-5455 r.jpgIMG-5453 r.jpg

Triple C

LOL at this last few posts of this thread, we also had chili in camp yesterday, saltine crackers, hot dogs, onion, cheese and sour cream. Good eats sitting around camp fire. So this weekend could not have been any better, well maybe if I had shot a "Booner", LOL... Our camp took 4 nice bucks and my fellow hunting buddy on here got a nice one as well, so 5 bucks on our properties. I thought last weekend was outstanding, but this weekend topped it. I did zero on several sits, but for most part had bucks chasing does every hunt and one hunt saw 4 bucks after one doe, passing on a nice 8 that sit. Ended up taking a nice wide chocolate horned 8 point yesterday about 4:15, but the best part of the weekend hunt was my 80 YO (almost 81, 8 days from now) getting his best buck in 15+ years out of my stand that I suggested he go hunt Friday AM. Hope those in the woods this weekend had as much fun as we did. Couple of pictures from the weekend.
View attachment 1116670View attachment 1116673
BD…As good as it gets right there brother! Congrats to your Pops on a great deer! Congrats to you on a beautiful buck! Only thing that could have topped that was if you guys had pulled off a trifecta with one of your boys killing a buck.

Triple C

Deer moved for us this weekend. Everyone who hunted saw deer on each hunt but the bucks were small. Couple of good chases seen.

One of our members shot a sow that weighed 187.3 pounds on digital scales. She was carrying 9 unborn piglets.

No chili at our lease. We hit up G-brand for pulled pork and stew.View attachment 1116698View attachment 1116697
@fredw…Lotta sausage in that sow. Love the gun. Looks to be an old school Browning A-Bolt Medallion. I’ve got one in .270 I bought in 1989 at the gunsmith having the barrel touched up. Prolly hasn’t had 50 rounds run thru it as I took up bow hunting the following year after purchasing the rifle. Gonna make a nice hand me down to one of my grandkids one day.

revans4661

Saturday was one to remember. The original plan was to sit until lunch, come out for a quick bite and climb back in for the afternoon. Saw my first doe right after light and saw deer all morning. 4 bucks, 6 does, all of them just cruising/grazing. I made the decision to sit until GA game kicked off and come out to watch. Another buck works his way in, A good 8, but he saved his life by giving me too much time to decide to let him walk. As he walked away I managed to snap a picture, and sent it to BD, saying he'll be a goodun' if he makes it to next year. Regret creeps in and BD says "dang he's wide. Regret is now set in. I see 2 more does and am making preparations to climb down to watch the Dawgs. I catch a glimpse of horns in the brush and he looks decent. Anticipating his path I have one small opening, and still thinking about the one I let walk, this one didn't. Any other day he would have walked as well. But meat in the freezer, and the Dawgs capped off a great fall day in GA!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-105845_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-105845_Gallery.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20211115-111456_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-111456_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 62

fredw

Retired Moderator
@fredw…Lotta sausage in that sow. Love the gun. Looks to be an old school Browning A-Bolt Medallion. I’ve got one in .270 I bought in 1989 at the gunsmith having the barrel touched up. Prolly hasn’t had 50 rounds run thru it as I took up bow hunting the following year after purchasing the rifle. Gonna make a nice hand me down to one of my grandkids one day.
Triple C, it is a Browning A Bolt Medallion as you said. This one is a 30-06 and has been used by our friend to take a lot of deer and several hogs on the Oglethorpe lease over the years.