.22 short

earlthegoat2

My Remington 572 will shoot shorts along with LR and Longs.

A local shop has a small stash of CCI Shorts for sale right now. I have plenty currently though.

lampern

As said CCI still makes them

CB low power
Plated round nose
Plated hollow point

They also still make 22 longs in plated round nose

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
My first 22 was a BL22 and it held 15 long rifle cartridges and if i am not mistaken it held 22 rounds of short. I killed a lot of birds and squirrels with a 22 short. That said, even as a kid i always thought it was anemic.

I really love that Browning BL22. I need to shoot it sometime soon. I still have some 22 shorts in the cache.

krizia829

Such a fun little round to shoot! :cool: :shoot:

Robust Redhorse

Shorts and CB's get the job done in revolvers, bolt actions, break actions, and lever actions.

My dad's Marlin 39a will hold 21 of them!

Today's .22 Short is probably better that yesterday's .22 Long, so maybe it's fine for grizzly bears:

Last edited:

JWF III

Not counting the tube fed .22s that can handle the gambit. I have an antique Winchester Low Wall that is short only. And 2 little break action “gallery guns”, 1 of which is a Remington. The other may be a Stevens. Both of which are short only.

Wyman

Lukikus2

Good info. I have always wanted to ask if I could shoot shorts out of my wheel gun and now I know I can. (y)

Stroker

Good info. I have always wanted to ask if I could shoot shorts out of my wheel gun and now I know I can. (y)
You can, but accuracy is going to be marginal at best.

Latest posts