336 Reborn (heavy graphics)

Wiskey_33

Holy Cow! That's a great job. Now what can you do about my avatar?

Hmmmmm........:bounce:

Georgiared

Great job Mojo!!! Looks better than new!!

Hey Wiskey, why don't you try the same thing...ya know...soak in kroil for 8 months, bore rod, easy off oven cleaner...maybe that would work! ;)

Wiskey_33

Great job Mojo!!! Looks better than new!!

Hey Wiskey, why don't you try the same thing...ya know...soak in kroil for 8 months, bore rod, easy off oven cleaner...maybe that would work! ;)

I wouldn't put my bore rod through such agony. :bounce:

seaweaver

Man that's kicking!
that stock is awsome.
Too bad MO is down. I have a 336 .35 100 year commemorative I'm redoing. I bought it from milkman and sent the iron to marlin to reblue.
cw

Mojo^

Here is what you do... Buy a ugly Mosin m44 for like $60. They are tough as nails, accurate to hunting distances and have no beauty so you may not be tempted to pretty it up.

Uuuh, nope. I have an old M41 I paid something like $45 for and made it into real beauty, but that's another story. It was on the M41 that I learned the benefits of using Easy-Off oven cleaner to strip a stock but I eventually put a composite stock on the one I have. It turned out to be a real shooter too. No capture or import marks at all.

Speakeasy

Awesome info, y'all. Markin this one as reference to my newest project. Truly an inspiration; thanks!

Gentleman4561

great job always love to see the old guys restored

GAnaturalist

That is amazing.

How did you bring out the grain in the wood ? Sand and restain a bunch, and did you stain/treat with coats of tru oil ? Is it birch wood?

Thanks, D

choctawlb

Awesome.:fine: That is quite a transformation there. The grain in the wood is beautiful, and the workmanship on your part very detailed. Nice job.
Ken

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
fine job on the 336, love the wood. I got one in 35...........fine weapon's for sure

TAG

Your 336 is beautiful.

I have one from that era, I paid $69.00 for it new in 1971 at Treasure Island, my first deer rifle.