.50 Caliber pistol

pacecars

It appears my collection is lacking a .50 caliber revolver. Any of you have one of the .50s in a revolver? I am thinking about taking the easiest and cheapest route and going with a BFR in .500 JRH with a 7 1/2” barrel and some type of optic. Should be a hoot and will make me feel better for missing the Nosler pistol

pacecars

I had a .500 S&W with the 8 3/8” barrel a long time ago right after they came out. It was a heavy beast and loud with that brake!

pacecars

After considering the options I think I will bite the bullet and have Jack Huntington build a .500 JRH on a Ruger Blackhawk

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
After considering the options I think I will bite the bullet and have Jack Huntington build a .500 JRH on a Ruger Blackhawk
how about a levergun to go with it?

deast1988

I mailed my Encore frame, to Gary Reeder.
I went with a 14in, integral ported stainless barrel in .500s&w, since he’s building the barrel I’m letting him do a Trigger Job, and action job also, I plan to use a SSK tSob base, and a VX freedom red dot. I was torn .475linebaugh/.480ruger. Or .500s&w/.500jrh(spcl). I choose .50 for reloading component availability.

The longer the barrel turns it into big solid push rather then a quick snap in the wrist that a shorter barrel would do.

I plan to get some 300gr/350gr jrh around that 1450/1500fps mark and let it rip come deer season.