6/20&21 Brunswick

gafshr

We headed to Brunswick both days with the same plan top water in the early am then search for trout an reds when the top water bite slows down. Sunday me and my dad caught about 12 trout on top water most were keepers we kept a few and threw the rest back. As the tide dropped we fished around oyster mounds with doa shrimp and paddle tails and I wound up catching a nice red and even a triple tail and we headed back about 9am when it started gettin hot. Then we hit the Altamaha river to meet up with some of my dad's huntin buddies who were down there catching catfish and mullet. We fished for mullet using a small piece of worm and a brim buster and boy was that fun.
P6200024.jpg

P6200026.jpg

P6200030.jpg

P6200028.jpg

Today was a little different me and my buddy Kayne had the same plan but the trout just didn't hit the top water like they did sunday. I had a few blow ups and caught one. We fished some flats with oyster mounds till about 9am managed a few more small trout and a couple of reds, we also seen a few flounder and lost a monster at the net. We moved to a creek and the tide dropped out so we were stuck for a while so we fished the creek. We seen some reds going nuts way back up in a really small creek so I push poled us close and we caught a few keeper reds. Here comes the fun part the creek was about 4" deep and 5' wide and they were just piled up but they just to far in there so I grabbed the 5wt fly rod and waded up to them and caught some really nice fish on my little fly rod. As the tide pushed in the remaining reds pushed in the hole that was back in the creek so my buddy wanted to get some mud minnows and I poled in and he seen a red so he threw the net and got a 20" red with a cast net, I was thinking no way then he did it again. Hows that for sight fishing. We caught a few more reds as the tide came in but the water was getting muddier and muddier as it came in so when it slowed down we left.
P6210033.jpg

P6210039.jpg

P6210040.jpg

P6210041.jpg

P6210042.jpg

P6210045.jpg

P6210047.jpg

wharfrat

Very nice! That one red looks like a 50+ spotter!

Hunter22

Banned
Were you by any chance in the Sapelo sound in any of those pictures or farther down?