6.5 Grendel Brass

I realize these are far from normal time we’re trying to survive, but I still have to ask where is all the 6.5 Grendel brass?
All I can find in stock are $2 or more each. Other than Nosler & Lapua most other brands are sold out with no back orders. I know Lapua is top notch, but $100 for 50ct box of brass just isn’t something I need to do now. I’ve read 6mm ARC shooters are using it, still how much demand is there for ARC brass? Haven’t been successful at finding factory ammo at reasonable prices either. Very frustrating time to be looking for anything. From new cars to ammo, it’s a take it or leave it market now. I don’t know what draws me to non mainstream calibers, but dropping everything except .223 Rem and .308 Win looks like the smart thing to do. I rarely do the smart thing though.

I’m not out of good brass, just want some new for developing more precise target oriented rounds. This is darned sure not the same country I grew up in.

Thanks for reading my mild rant and any advice you may have.

Jester896

Senior Clown
that link was for you to see the price differences with new $2

my friend got some .270 brass from Powder Valley the other day thinking that it was $.37 a case and ordered 500. In the add on line in 2 different places, one on the bag in the picture and the other in the printed description...
thought he was getting 5 bags at $36.95 each. Turns out he got 10 bags of 50 for $36.95 each so they are really $.74 each .... you can by PPU .270 130gr loaded rounds for $.81

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/prvi-270-win-100/

doomtrpr_z71

I realize these are far from normal time we’re trying to survive, but I still have to ask where is all the 6.5 Grendel brass?
All I can find in stock are $2 or more each. Other than Nosler & Lapua most other brands are sold out with no back orders. I know Lapua is top notch, but $100 for 50ct box of brass just isn’t something I need to do now. I’ve read 6mm ARC shooters are using it, still how much demand is there for ARC brass? Haven’t been successful at finding factory ammo at reasonable prices either. Very frustrating time to be looking for anything. From new cars to ammo, it’s a take it or leave it market now. I don’t know what draws me to non mainstream calibers, but dropping everything except .223 Rem and .308 Win looks like the smart thing to do. I rarely do the smart thing though.

I’m not out of good brass, just want some new for developing more precise target oriented rounds. This is darned sure not the same country I grew up in.

Thanks for reading my mild rant and any advice you may have.
I think I still have some Grendel brass, if I do you can get it for cheap

gemihur

I use RP 7.62x39 brass, preferring sm rifle primers
Just push 'em through your dies
I use heavy for caliber, 140 gr. bullets and fast, stick, IMR 4198 powder
(this is not my AR load, I shoot a contender)
Grendel.jpg

tcward

Buy some live ammo and shoot it up for the brass. More fun that way. lol Saw some for about a buck per round on Ammo Seek a bit ago.

rosewood

Buy some live ammo and shoot it up for the brass. More fun that way. lol Saw some for about a buck per round on Ammo Seek a bit ago.
You know, Norma brass is usually $1 or more per piece of virgin brass. They were selling loaded Norma .308 ammo awhile back for like $16 per 20, thats less than new brass. That would have been a no brainer for sure for those that would be buying Norma brass anyway.

Rosewood

Liberty

The new brass prices vs loaded have definitely caused more factory rounds to go down range at my place. In October, I bought 500 once fired .308 and 7.62x51 to run thru a M1A even though I new better. Half were commercial .308 and Lake City and the other half was an assortment of about 10 different foreign military brass with weights all over the place. After tallying up what was useable for the same loads as the Lake City by case weight, it would have been better to just buy loaded ammo. I suspect the same would be true for the Grendal if you order online.

gemihur

I'm getting just shy of 2200 FPS with 140's and IMR 4198 from my 17" barrel
Perfect hunting velocity for here in the Blue Ridge.
Grendel Bird.jpg
That's either a big turkey or a small rifle!

Last edited: