6mm brass

aabradley82

my birthday present to myself this year was a rem m7 in 6mm. hornady superformance shoots ok, as did the little bit of federal I had. As I’m gathering brass forthis is there any I need to avoid or not? +p brass like 257 Roberts?

BriarPatch99

7x57 Mauser will work...257 Roberts...
Just keep in mind neck thickness... especially with the 7mm....
The +P brass is just loaded to more pressure than regular brass....but still less than 6mm brass...it will be fine.

Keep trim lengths similar...

I haven't had any issues with any 6mm rem brass that I've tried in my model 7. Remington corelokts are the best shooting factory load that I've found. I hunt with the federal premium 100 grain nosler partition load though. The 100 grain sierra prohunter with a max load of Imr 4350 is my most accurate hand load.

aabradley82

I’ve got some brass on the way. had a 95 sst not on a doe (both shoulders gone so did get her). I was kinda thinking of a partition or a Barnes if they’ll fit in the box

lampern

Looks like Hornady is the only company currently loading 6mm Remington

Last edited:

Arrow3

I picked up 3 boxes of 100 gr Federal Power Shoks a year or so ago and they have shot great in mine. I just picked up a box of 95gr sst Hornaday today to try out.

hitchin

7x57 Mauser will work...257 Roberts...
Just keep in mind neck thickness... especially with the 7mm....
The +P brass is just loaded to more pressure than regular brass....but still less than 6mm brass...it will be fine.

Keep trim lengths similar...
That brass not easy to come by either : i have 6 mm, 257 roberts, and 7x57 i have enough 6 mm remington, not much roberts or mauser

BriarPatch99

That brass not easy to come by either : i have 6 mm, 257 roberts, and 7x57 i have enough 6 mm remington, not much roberts or mauser
That is the problem... very little of that style brass is available.... but a person can make do .....with different cases that can be made into the desired cartridge....