A BOY'S FIRST TROUT

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Went trout fishing with my wife at Boley, to say it was slow was an understatement, had only caught one and missed one.

A young lady walks up with her 4 year old son and he is amazed with the fish, even has his mom take a picture of him with it, says he would take it to the taxidermist :rofl:

I tell him if we get a bite, he can reel it in. Not 10 minutes later, my wife's pole goes down, he grabs it, told him to jerk, fights it to 10 ft out and it spits the hook. He said his heart was pounding, then it stopped when it came off. :rofl:

We sat there a little more talking, he wanted to see my lures, showed him and another pole went down. We rush over, I open the bail and tell him to reel...WHAM, fish on. He is fighting it good and he gets it 5 ft out, I wade out and scoop it up in the net and get it to the bank. He goes to touch it and I tell him the hook is in it...it wasn't, came out as soon as I netted it. His mom was videoing the whole time. Got a couple trophy pics, had him long arm it, might have been 10" inches, but to him it was a whale.

Asked him what his name was while he was still holding the fish, he said he forgot :rofl:. His mom told he just told it to me before he caught the trout.

She also knows some of my family so I hope to see the video and pics.

He said he was taking that fish to the taxidermist too :cool:

Here's to you Mason :tip:

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Good story.

I remember catching my first Brim at Thompson's Mill near the Youth, Ga community in the mid 60's. The old mill house was deliberately burned down by some vandals in the early 80's and then somebody stole the milestones.

That bend is still running the same course and I reflect every time I go by there.

A young boy or girl never forgets that first fish.

Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Hope to follow up with a video or at least the pics...made our day

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Way to go woodie! That boy may have forgotten his name, but he’ll never forget that whale of a fish he caught all by himself! You are the man! Me thinks the day is always gonna be a good one when you take your wife fishing! :clap:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s good stuff and a nice fish to boot!