A few 5 inchers

coryo

I normally make more small skinning knives but I decide to draw the ball joints out a little longer and make three hidden tang knives. The top knife has a ebony handle, the middle has cocobolo, and the third has mule deer antler.

Thanks,
CoryO

Attachments

• IMG_0468_1.jpg
    IMG_0468_1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 865

Bram

Very nice coryo..need to talk about doing some trading again..keep up the good work:bounce:

boneboy96

very nice! :cool:

snuffy

Nice work.
Are they all forged?
Thanks for sharing.

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
I agree with doyle that top one is sllliiccccckkk

coryo

what would it take to get that mule deer antler knife away from you???

Talk to me? The three knives are $150 each. I have been known to do a little trading every now and then too. Thanks everybody for the for the kind words.

CoryO

IdRatherBHunting

I have a question...

What is the advantage or benefit of a forged blade. Im not very familiar with steel but it seems like they would be tough as nails. How about sharp compared to like say 440 stainless??

coryo

I have a question...

What is the advantage or benefit of a forged blade. Im not very familiar with steel but it seems like they would be tough as nails. How about sharp compared to like say 440 stainless??

When you forge a blade, you are hammering the blade to shape. You are also heat cycling and manipulating the steel, there for reducing the grain in the steel. The smaller the grain of the steel the better. It will give you more strength when the final heat treatment is done. I've made both forge and stock removal blade and I like taking the time to hammer a bit. You can also recycle steel too. I have never made a SS blade, so not sure how it would compare. I hope this will help, thanks

CoryO