A few more off the bench

godogs57

Apparently you can only post six pics per thread. Here's a continuation of my earlier post.

IMG_2246.jpeg
Love this little guy. This is my Micro Personal Hunter. It's a downsized version of my Personal Hunter model. Many guys, me included, prefer a short blade for work in the field. One guy who guides for brown bear on Unimac Island in Alaska has eight of my blades, none of which exceed 6" in total length. This little cutie is about that size. I made a pouch sheath (no belt loop) so it can be carried in the pocket. Orange G-10 handle with black liners. CPM154 stainless steel, razor sharp. She's homeless at the moment.

IMG_2275.jpeg
Trout &Bird using stabilized Lee county fiddleback figured pecan. Sweet little cutter!

Gaswamp

that Micro personal hunter is near perfect knife to have

patsam

I’m cutting out a couple more this week.
Hank, I have a female friend that loved the ones you did for me. Is the Micro kinda like a pairing knife? I would be very interested in something like that for her. It would likely be used every day. She loves the wood that you use. Please let me know, thanks buddy!!

Last edited:

godogs57

Hank, I have a female friend that loved the ones you did for me. Is the Micro kinda like a pairing knife? I would be very interested in something like that for her. It would likely be used every day. She loves the wood that you use. Please let me know, thanks buddy!!
About the same size but not a paring knife profile. I use 1/8" bar stock. Most paring blades are much thinner and flexible. This one is not. I make a dedicated paring knife as well. Here's one below. It belongs to my sweet wife. She'll fight ya for it. Got a full time knife maker in Texas that got one for his wife. She won't let him near it, even to sharpen!
IMG_1373.jpeg

Gaswamp

Ut oh see one of those in my wife's future