A few of my recent knives

godogs57

Some of these were posted to my Instagram. For those who don't use or follow Instagram...here are a few. Here is one I forged from 80CRV2 carbon steel with copper guard and buttcap and Amberstag handle from an elk shed I picked up a while back. She went to New Mexico.
HH, GON 80crv2.jpg

Here is my first knife using gidgee wood as a handle. Lord have mercy that was some kind of dense, hard wood! It comes from Australia and closely resembles figured walnut...just much more dense! My usual CPM154 stainless here. Headed to a GON member up north.

HH, GON gidgee hunter.jpg

A Damascus trout and bird knife made in honor of the birth of a future hunter in South Carolina. Desert Ironwood handles make a perfect contrast to the steel. Too bad that Damascus didn't have better lines right?

HH, GON Damascus T&B.jpg

Last edited:

godogs57

Nice craftsmanship,,,,ever come across any Cypress burl?
Got some....the pieces I have came from the Pee Dee River in SC over 80 feet deep in the sand. It came out of a quarry used to mine a specific type of sand used for concrete. It was carbon dated to 48,750 years old +/- 500 years. I had it stabilized and have used it for knife handles. As received, it looked like it came from a cypress cut down yesterday. :cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful work!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Some of these were posted to my Instagram. For those who don't use or follow Instagram...here are a few. Here is one I forged from 80CRV2 carbon steel with copper guard and buttcap and Amberstag handle from an elk shed I picked up a while back. She went to New Mexico.
View attachment 1004735

Here is my first knife using gidgee wood as a handle. Lord have mercy that was some kind of dense, hard wood! It comes from Australia and closely resembles figured walnut...just much more dense! My usual CPM154 stainless here. Headed to a GON member up north.

View attachment 1004736

A Damascus trout and bird knife made in honor of the birth of a future hunter in South Carolina. Desert Ironwood handles make a perfect contrast to the steel. Too bad that Damascus didn't have better lines right?

View attachment 1004738

I really like that trout bird knife!!!!

turkeykirk

Nice work!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great work Hank. You never let us down. Thanks for sharing them with us. Appreciate the Billy knives you made for us.

joepuppy

Awesome work and craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
That's some Beauties right there.

walkinboss01

Good looking blades.

Shug

Those are some sweet blades sir, Great work

IFLY4U

Fine craftmanship.