A Miracle

Duff

Beautiful buck! And quick thinking with the grunts! Congratulations!

Blackston

I was very fortunate Wednesday evening at Berry College WMA.
I spent the afternoon being mobile, getting to know the area because this was the first time I’ve hunted here. I found a series of scrapes and several other good areas but without a tree climber, hunting those areas would be difficult.
I eventually moved to a very small bluff overlooking a very grown clear cut area with several hundred yards of visibility. About 5:15 I saw him walking through a field around 200 yards away. I quickly repositioned myself to lay prone to get a steady shot but to my horror I couldn’t relocate him. After several minutes of desperate searching I decided to start grunting. I did a series of three grunts and waited with the sickening feeling that I'd never see that buck again.
I believe that in the grand scheme of things, God doesn't particularly care whether or not I shoot this buck but I do believe that he loves us and we can ask for his help. I said a quick prayer thanking him for the opportunity that I had to be out in his creation and then asked him if he would give me the chance to see this buck again and have an opportunity at him.
Barely one second after saying amen, I started hearing the familiar noise of small brush being flattened. At first it was very faint but got louder and louder each second. Because the brush was so high, it was difficult to pinpoint the source of the noise but I knew it was close. Then, out of nowhere, he stepped out 35 yards away walking my direction. Without hesitation, I shot him full through the front of his chest and he dropped without a step.
When I came down to him I started shaking like a leaf. Once I calmed down a bit I knelt down and gave a prayer of gratitude and then called my dad and told him what happened.
I know he's not worthy of being on a magazine but he's my best buck I've killed thus far and has a very special miracle attached to his taking.
Hope you guys enjoyed reading.
View attachment 1273427View attachment 1273428
He’s a great deer !!!! That needs no disclaimer’s!!!! Enjoy the day and the blessing!!!! And keep tellin the story!! Congratulations

jaydawg

Heck yea! Great buck! Congrats on a cool hunt!…maybe a good thing you didn’t have a climber, might of shaken yourself out of the tree!:p

ucfireman

There is no way that deer came from Berry College.
1. there aint no deer on public land.
2. you didn't get shot while hunting there.

Great Job and good, deer.

Meriwether Mike

Congrats on the nice buck and an answered prayer.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Beautiful deer and great story. Congratjulations.

Bigga Trust

Who cares what magazines or hunt shows put out there. You got it done(with a little help from our Provider). Great story and thanks for sharing!