A picture you can smell

Dupree

I’ve killed a lot of bucks in my 27 years of deer hunting, and I think this “big” 6 I shot yesterday was the worst smelling one, ever. He was ripe.

Had 3 smaller bucks chasing a doe all around me and he broke up the party. Gave me a 20 yard quartering away shot. IMG_1556.jpegIMG_1535.jpegIMG_1534.jpeg

Toliver

Looks like you could use those legs as cut bait and share with a few friends. I believe that's the most peed on legs I've ever seen.

Dupree

Looks like you could use those legs as cut bait and share with a few friends. I believe that's the most peed on legs I've ever seen.
I called a couple buddies and asked if they wanted them. I guess i could have put them in the freezer

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Gnarly old buck!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I called a couple buddies and asked if they wanted them. I guess i could have put them in the freezer

I would have grabbed his tarsals for sure. That ole boy was ripe!

Blackston

I knew a boy from up that way he always told me his bucks rutted Christmas….. look like he be wrong !!lol ….. and yes I can smell it !!!

DSGB

He was ripe for sure. Were they still warm?

Dupree

He was ripe for sure. Were they still warm?
Not by the time I touched them. He did stand in a spot and paw the ground a pee about 15 seconds before I shot him. He was grunting deep and loud guarding the doe from the 3 younger bucks.

chrislibby88

Buck I shot this weekend had just peed down his tarsals. His lower legs were wet like that. I skinned him shank down before I hung him up just to make sure I didn’t get that crap on my meat. Got the tarsals in the freezer now. They rutting hard.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! I can smell it from here! Nice buck, stinky or not! :bounce: Congrats man it looks like that crossbow ate him up!

Dupree

I knew a boy from up that way he always told me his bucks rutted Christmas….. look like he be wrong !!lol ….. and yes I can smell it !!!
Southwest part of the county right on Alabama line it’s very likely. I’ve heard some people say that about that area. I’m on opposite end of the county from there.