A Slow Motion Train Wreck, the Midwest Edition

livetohunt

Yes Sir corn next year. They have applied fertilizer since the last rain so maybe soon. Ammonia went in in December. Farmer said he would sell me corn on stalk and leave it. Delimma is at 200 bushel per acre and over 5 bucks per acre that's over 1k per acre and they will eat it quick. Was hoping to spend less maybe 300 to maybe 500 bucks but would it even last to November?
Corn is expensive to leave standing and farmers hate to leave it..They have to come back and cut the stalks after hunting season along with other issues. Corn prices are down so maybe that will help your cost...

slow motion

How's the weather holding out for ya this weekend? 40 and cloudy with a 18mph wind here right now. MAN I LOVE IT!!!
Weather was perfect but I couldn't stay. My window was tight. Left yesterday evening. Rolled into home wee hours. A little sleep and now I'm out and about. Will regret next time because it will be gates of hades hot probably. If I had about 2 weeks and a dozen more stands I'd be ready come fall. Did manage to see parts of the farm I had stayed out of since it was season. Feeling good about some new spots on the farm. How is that hand? You still using it to get special treatment at home? Honey my hand really hurts can you rub my back? Baby my hand is just throbbing can you bring me a beer? Etc. Etc. Etc?

You and Bubba got your fall plans yet?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Weather was perfect but I couldn't stay. My window was tight. Left yesterday evening. Rolled into home wee hours. A little sleep and now I'm out and about. Will regret next time because it will be gates of hades hot probably. If I had about 2 weeks and a dozen more stands I'd be ready come fall. Did manage to see parts of the farm I had stayed out of since it was season. Feeling good about some new spots on the farm. How is that hand? You still using it to get special treatment at home? Honey my hand really hurts can you rub my back? Baby my hand is just throbbing can you bring me a beer? Etc. Etc. Etc?

You and Bubba got your fall plans yet?

Hand is most likely as healed as it will ever be. Still tender when used wrong. Still afraid to pull the bow back since I use a hand release. Melissa gave up on helping me 4 days after telling her about the injury :rofl:

We will be in IL and if we draw KS and IA will be in the works too

livetohunt

Hand is most likely as healed as it will ever be. Still tender when used wrong. Still afraid to pull the bow back since I use a hand release. Melissa gave up on helping me 4 days after telling her about the injury :rofl:

We will be in IL and if we draw KS and IA will be in the works too
Are you going to Iowa for bow, shotgun or late muzz? If you end up near Decatur co send a message and maybe we can grab some dinner one eve.

slow motion