A.T.V. Ramps

Greenhead

Where can I find a good set of ramps that are'nt too expensive to load my four wheeler on my truck ? Also do the arched ones make a difference ? I have checked Northern and Wal-Mart.

bradpatt03

i would look at bass pro for the biggest variety...i'm not sure there is a huge diff between the ones that are arched and the ones that arent...mine have always been non-arched

gadeerwoman

If you have a 4x4 truck, make sure you get the longest ramps possible. Short ramps don't work well on trucks with high tailgates (unless you have a few drinks first to calm you down).

bradpatt03

If you have a 4x4 truck, make sure you get the longest ramps possible. Short ramps don't work well on trucks with high tailgates (unless you have a few drinks first to calm you down).

i heard that :hair: they always come off like there's nothin to it and then come time to put em back on your starin at the sky !!! especially when your truck is lifted and your ramps are SHOOOORT. :bounce:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
I have a set of Bi-fold that have been used exactly 4 times 2 on and 2 off , the wife had a fit so I bought a trailer $80

7 Mag

I picked up a set a Sam's a couple of years ago for about $75.00. There are hinged and have an arch built into them. Work great.

dbodkin

All I can say is... "Back Window" My buddy took his out and bent the back of his truck bed... I use the bifold ramps too but I but made two wheel chocks that wont allow the ATV to slam the window...

Greenhead

ATV Ramps

Thanks for the replies. I know what you measn about the back window. The roller on my winch just misses the window. My ride seems to fit differently in my new Ford than my old one. I've been using some wooden ramps that I made and it scares the whole family everytime I unload it. Will look at Sams, sounds like a great deal.

bigun31768

i got a set last friday at msi in tifton 69.00 plus tax.they are steel,i got a 700 polaris and a chevy 2wd they worked great also has safety chains.
bigun

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
Greenhead said:
I've been using some wooden ramps that I made and it scares the whole family everytime I unload it.

I use wooden ramps with ends that I bought in a kit. They work great for me. When the boards wear out, I'll get more.

dslary

Arched Ramps

I have a set like they sell @ Northern. I used them to load my riding mower on the back of my Dodge 1500 4x4 with a 4" lift kit under it. They work well but I just traded in the Dodge for a short bed Nissan Titan so I bought a drive on trailer for my ATV. I'll take $60.00 cash for the ramps.
404 580-2170.

Uncle Joe

Tri fold 7ft alum. ramps a BPS $125.00. when folded they fit between tires and I strap mine to axle to keep from sliding out.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Tri folds at Northern have worked good for me for years now I use a Louisiana Guard Dog ATV security mount on mine to deter theft and prevent it from rolling forward--my 3/4 ton Avalanche is tall added a 6" lift now real tall so even the longest ramps had me at a steep angle solution was a removable flush mount 3/8" eyebolt kit in the front of the bed just screw in the eyebolt connect the winch and winch it in the bed :cool:

W4DSB

I have the standard length trifold ramps from API that i used for years with my polaris 700. Since i bought a lifted dodge truck theres no way i would use them. I searched for and bought some 10' arched folding ramps and they're great for me. They're the longest ramps i could find