Bad boat ramp design

whchunter

How many have found that you often find boat ramps that are improperly sloped? We used one recently at Lake Oconee that seemed to have a double breaking slope. The boat didn't slide off smoothly and the front roller bumped the trolling motor. The trailer has a auto latch feature. When we tried to load the bow point was well below the front roller unless we pulled the boat up the ramp but then we didn't have enough boat or motor still in the water to motor it on the trailer. There was no way to completely motor it on and latch it. We finally had to pull it out and winch it. Maybe we need to start a list of the good ramps so we can avoid the bad ones.

whchunter

Most of the ramps I've been to have horrible approach angles and seem like they were an afterthought to the parking lot layout
Yep we have one like that at Lake Sinclair. The one at big Ed's is pointed toward the highway rather than the parking lot.

Lindseys Grandpa

Ringer ramp at west point is at an awkward angle compared to the circle and pull around. It's very awkward in the dark.
Worst I have ever used . Would be much better if you approached from other side which I do if there is nobody on ramp .