a300 ultima?

OffTheBeatnPath

Been eyeing one for a while in 20 ga.
Now i'm starting to see in reviews that there is cycling and trigger issues.
They all seem to be about a year or so old though, so wasn't sure if it was worked out or not.

Tempted to just spend the extra $ and buy another m2 in 20 gauge, but any a400 i've ever handled sure was nice. Kind of seems like the new ultimas are a mix between them and the old berettas?

Does anyone on here have one, and if so how have they been? I've handled some in stores and it seems like a real good deal at the price point.

Robert28

I have a 12ga a300 ultima and love it! Smoothest shooting shotgun I’ve ever owned, bought it to duck hunt with but find myself doing other things with it like dove hunting and such. The trigger issues have been fixed, never had a second of trouble with mine and mines been run and run hard. Not like a professional trap shooter but this gun has been shot, been cleaned maybe twice and keeps on ticking. About cleaning, this isn’t the easiest gun to strip down for cleaning. That’s really my only complaint about it.

OffTheBeatnPath

I have a 12ga a300 ultima and love it! Smoothest shooting shotgun I’ve ever owned, bought it to duck hunt with but find myself doing other things with it like dove hunting and such. The trigger issues have been fixed, never had a second of trouble with mine and mines been run and run hard. Not like a professional trap shooter but this gun has been shot, been cleaned maybe twice and keeps on ticking. About cleaning, this isn’t the easiest gun to strip down for cleaning. That’s really my only complaint about it.
Man I’m glad to hear that because I’m about set on one. Hard for me to dedicate any of my guns to just one purpose as well

Robert28

Man I’m glad to hear that because I’m about set on one. Hard for me to dedicate any of my guns to just one purpose as well
Mine has the kick off system (don’t know if every a300 model has it or not) but I love it. For the price and as many of the a400 features as you get, you aren’t going to beat the price. Beretta nailed it. The ONLY reason you’d pick one of the Turkish offerings over it is price that I can see, and that’s if you can’t scrape up another $200.

Reactions: Dub

OffTheBeatnPath

Mine has the kick off system (don’t know if every a300 model has it or not) but I love it. For the price and as many of the a400 features as you get, you aren’t going to beat the price. Beretta nailed it. The ONLY reason you’d pick one of the Turkish offerings over it is price that I can see, and that’s if you can’t scrape up another $200.
I’ve handled a few and man they are nice. It was really between it and a m2, I’ve never had any issues out of mine but it’s hard to pass on the price tag of the new a300

Robert28

I’ve handled a few and man they are nice. It was really between it and a m2, I’ve never had any issues out of mine but it’s hard to pass on the price tag of the new a300
I have an M2 and it’s been a workhorse for years. I’ve always wanted a gas operated shotgun though but kept telling myself “they’re too finicky”. I purposely have shot my a300 a lot and only cleaned it twice because I wanted to see how finicky it was going to be. I’m sold on this one anyways. I think my M2 was $999 if I remember right.

killerv

My buddies newer berettas have stayed in the shop, but he shoots 2-3 round of sporting clays a week.

OffTheBeatnPath

My buddies newer berettas have stayed in the shop, but he shoots 2-3 round of sporting clays a week.
That’s what all the reviews I have read said too. Reckon it just depends on the certain gun. I haven’t seen any recent reviews so wasn’t sure if they worked out some of the issues or not

Fishin & Hunting

Bought a new A300 last July. No problems with the mechanical working of the gun. A guy that shoots at the range I work at has one also and he shoots four rounds a week, he said he has no trouble with his.

I will be sending mine off this week for Warranty work to be done on it. The finish on the receiver started to come off. At first Berretta said their warranty did not cover the finish of the gun. I protested and asked to push the issue higher up. They are now paying for shipping so they can see the issue I am having and hopefully refinish the gun. He are a couple of pictures of the finish coming off the receiver.

Attachments

• image_123923953.JPG (3).jpg
    image_123923953.JPG (3).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image_123923953.JPG (5).jpg
    image_123923953.JPG (5).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 14

OffTheBeatnPath

Ended up finding one at gradys in Anderson in bottomland for 854 out the door.. ain't had a chance to shoot it yet. Action is smooth, only thing I don't like about it so far is the forearm is somewhat flimsy.