Air bow gun?

catch22

I watched an outdoor TV show the other night and the guy was shooting an air gun that fired what looked like a bolt. He killed a deer at like 60 yards with it. I dont remember what kind it was, but I had never seen anything like it before.

GregoryB.

That was a good video for someone like me who knew nothing about Air Bows. No desire to buy one but I would like to shoot one just because.

lampern

They require proprietary arrows

Look up 'crazy russian hacker' on you tube

He tries some out

Georgia considers them air guns I think for hunting

across the river

They require proprietary arrows

Look up 'crazy russian hacker' on you tube

He tries some out

Georgia considers them air guns I think for hunting
Do you just feel the need to respond to every thread, even when you have no clue and are completely off base with your response? They are not “proprietary” and you can typically use the same arrow for multiple manufacturers. No different than a crossbow and it is crossbow arrow essentially. Heck, you can buy them on Amazon like most anything else. Scroll down and it gives you all the manufactures they are comparable with, which is most all of them.

As far the original posters question, never had one but shot a buddies. It was pretty neat, but have no desire to drop a grand for something with limited use. Can’t use them during archery season, so other than fun I don’t see a lot of use. He also has a scuba tank filled that he uses to pressure it up, which is an added cost. You can get a high pressure hand pump similar to what you pump a bike tire with, it just will go to high pressure. Not fun to hand pump something up all the time I would assume. I think it would be one of those things you bought that was cool as a novelty at fist, but sort off becomes pointless after that. The only situation I can think that a PCP would give you an advantage over other stuff would be a situation where a bunch of houses were around and you didn’t want to use a rifle. I would still go with a pellet though over the bolt, which his would shoot either. His had a “silencer” thing on it so not as loud as a rifle though it wasn’t silent. If you were popping a deer in the neighborhood, I can see the value. Other than that, I think I would stick it in the closet after a while and rarely pull it out.

Last edited:

lampern

You can't just use regular hunting arrows for them is what I meant.

You have to have special arrows that fit on the piston that propels them

kmaxwell3

Thanks guys. I have been watching videos on them. I thought they were legal to hunt with in Georgia? Will do more research on that.

across the river

Thanks guys. I have been watching videos on them. I thought they were legal to hunt with in Georgia? Will do more research on that.
They are legal to hunt with in Georgia as a primitive weapon, so you can hunt with them during the primitive weapons week or regular rifle season, just like a muzzleloader, or air rifle. They just don’t count as archery equipment, so if you are looking for expanded hunting opportunities, you would likely be better off getting a crossbow.

kmaxwell3

They are legal to hunt with in Georgia as a primitive weapon, so you can hunt with them during the primitive weapons week or regular rifle season, just like a muzzleloader, or air rifle. They just don’t count as archery equipment, so if you are looking for expanded hunting opportunities, you would likely be better off getting a crossbow.

Thanks.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I saw some
I watched an outdoor TV show the other night and the guy was shooting an air gun that fired what looked like a bolt. He killed a deer at like 60 yards with it. I dont remember what kind it was, but I had never seen anything like it before.
I saw something similar….why not?

Big7

The Oracle
Guess they will call that a primitive weapon like the rest that ate not primitive.