Alberta Trip Update

slow motion

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress and trip.

Timberman

Went there a number of times back in the day. Hunted with Troy Foster at North Alberta Outfitters.

I went on 2x1 hunts. We would flip a coin and one would ride and look with the guide while the other would be let out in a likely area to still hunt. At lunch we'd swap. It's not like Saskatchewan-no sitting in a blind watching bait. You'll hunt aggressive. Loud rattling, covering a lot of territory. It's big country and the deer are often in scattered pockets.

The deer are massive, the country and people are awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it. YMMV. Good luck

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Went there a number of times back in the day. Hunted with Troy Foster at North Alberta Outfitters.

I went on 2x1 hunts. We would flip a coin and one would ride and look with the guide while the other would be let out in a likely area to still hunt. At lunch we'd swap. It's not like Saskatchewan-no sitting in a blind watching bait. You'll hunt aggressive. Loud rattling, covering a lot of territory. It's big country and the deer are often in scattered pockets.

The deer are massive, the country and people are awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it. YMMV. Good luck
What is ymmv mean?

Toliver

Going to Albert next year has anyone here been would like information on what to expect.
If you don't get anyone with specific experience here, I would reach out to the outfitter and ask about equipment.

They make base layers that can make your trip better if it's bitterly cold. I talked to some guys from S Dakota that have to work outside when it's minus 40 degrees. They have clothes that keep them warm that you just can't buy here in Georgia. But before I bought anything online, I'd find out what really works and what's just a marketing gimmick. Hunting is kinda like 1st Responder and Military life. When you first go in you buy a bunch of stuff that seems cool. Then the veterans look at what you have and start going "this is crap. This is junk. I can't believe you fell for this one. Keep this. Throw that away...etc" If you'll be hunting where you're moving a lot in rugged terrain you'll be glad you only have the necessities and as little weight as possible.

livetohunt

I have been to Sask before and did all day sits..Great experience and glad I went. For warmth, I highly recommend Ice breaker boot blankets or similar (the locals remove their boots to use with socks only and put hand warmers in the boot blanket) I also highly recommend the heater body suit. Have fun...

ecoutside

I have been to Sask before and did all day sits..Great experience and glad I went. For warmth, I highly recommend Ice breaker boot blankets or similar (the locals remove their boots to use with socks only and put hand warmers in the boot blanket) I also highly recommend the heater body suit. Have fun...
I’ve been to sask myself and 100% agree with this. Boot blankets are a must, remove boots, add hand warmers for all day comfort. Wish I’d had a heater body suit. I was in a blind daylight till dark. Good luck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d be sure to ask the outfitter on what to expect. Definitely a trip of a lifetime and I’d want to be prep for anything…..