Alberta Trip Update

Tblank

Polyester, wools, plenty of hand warmers, boots rated 50 below or so, a good face and head covering. Also, take your time walking to your stand. Sweating is a bad thing to do there. Stuff the hand warmers everywhere you can. Have fun. My favorite place I’ve ever hunted

fatback

I’ve deer hunted in Alberta 9 times. Some years it chilly and other years it is bark busting cold. As has been already mentioned, get the best cold weather gear you can afford. Dress in layers. Have a warm hat for sure. I always used a stocking cap and a neck gaiter while on stand. Where we hunted is was about half and half stand/blind hunting and spot and stalk. It takes a bit of getting used to in terms of judging deer up there. Sometimes a rack of a buck might not look very big but that can be misleading due to the body size of the deer up there. You know which unit you are hunting in? Best of luck to you and make sure to share some pictures when you kill that Canadian giant.

Sambobuck

Polyester, wools, plenty of hand warmers, boots rated 50 below or so, a good face and head covering. Also, take your time walking to your stand. Sweating is a bad thing to do there. Stuff the hand warmers everywhere you can. Have fun. My favorite place I’ve ever hunted
What boot do you recommend?

fatback

All those bucks are nice, but that high and tight mule deer is NICE.
He is my favorite deer I’ve ever shot. He was aged at 8 years old. Hunted him for 4 days and got him just before sunset on the 4th day. Shoot him in 2007 and remember it like it was yesterday.