Alligator hunting

Tabg

Hey guys I drew a tag this year for zone 2. I was wondering if anybody has any kind of information on boat rentals in place around there, I do have access to a boat but it is in New York and I do not really wanna make the trip to bring it down as I’m only gonna have about four days to hunt anyway so I was just looking for any information on renting a boat as the only thing I have in Georgia is a kayak and I don’t know if that is the best idea to use . Or if anybody possibly knows any place I can hunt from Shore I am looking at the seminal WMA and also the Silver Lake WMA for a hunting

Tabg

I applied because moving back up north the end of the year and been putting in for 7 years, wasn’t going to let slip by, even if only had one day would have still applied . And you can still shore hunt and run bait line so not end of world just disadvantage

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I don`t know of any boat rental places on Seminole. Right offhand, I also cant think of anywhere you can hardy hunt from shore. Cat tails and marsh line nearly every bit of the natural coastline. You`re just about gonna have to have a boat to gator hunt that lake.

Tabg

Know anything about silver lake was? I’ve never been down in that corner of ga, those are the only 2 public access areas I found so far

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Some of the lakes on Silver Lake WMA you will be able to get around on some from the bank. And there`s a good many gators.

Tabg

thank you, me and my fiancé are going when she gets back from deployment in Middle East at end of August, we’re huge bow fishers but out boat is stored up in ny and were just trying to avoid the mass amount of driving and flying to pick it up

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
If you are shore hunting look for public access rivers and canals be your best bet . You might get lucky off a dock but I wouldn’t count on it. It’s not as easy as the TV shows make it seem and ga has a different set of rules. Good luck!

Tabg

Thanks for the info, yeah I found the detailed list of regs on gator not the one tossed up on the main page. Debating if going to make trip to ny to pick up our boat or not, moving back up there, only down here for last 8 months while fiancé deployed. We didn’t think be a super easy task just years of night bowfishing thought might have a decent shot at it.

Tabg

I found the detailed regs, know bout wardens lol engaged to one. New to the whole gator thing but know my way around toothy critters and boat at night. Not offended in the least I know their big and can kill or dismember if make mistake

lancek742

Got drawn for zone 9. I have a couple public areas on the list, but if anyone has or knows of someone that has one in a pond that they want removed please let me know. Not really looking forward to going all the way down to Tuckahoe WMA from Columbia county if I can avoid it lol.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
No, you can`t run a bait line in Georgia.
The game wardens on Seminole have fun with this one every year. Errryyyybody watches Swamp People.. facepalm:

Tabg

The game wardens on Seminole have fun with this one every year. Errryyyybody watches Swamp People.. facepalm:
I’ve seen the show, know every state different lol, It just didn’t say no baiting on the main regulations page, when you first click on legal methods

Todd E

Got drawn for zone 9. I have a couple public areas on the list, but if anyone has or knows of someone that has one in a pond that they want removed please let me know. Not really looking forward to going all the way down to Tuckahoe WMA from Columbia county if I can avoid it lol.

Plenty in the river. Nothing really big, unless you are blessed to hit pay dirt one night.