Altamaha river bream report

QuackHead90

My dad and I have been watching the river level and was waiting on it to get right to hit the bream. We decided to try and beat the rain on Wednesday and try our luck. We got on the water and started catching bream immediately. We went through almost 300 crickets and a few worms before the rain finally ran us back to the ramp at 3. We had 75 bream, warmouth, and shellcrackers. On the way home we looked at the weather and decided to try it again the next morning. We caught a lot of small bream on Wednesday but Thursday was quality over quantity. When we got home we had 90 more bream. We found a few places where the big bull bream were on bed so next week should be very good! Going to be some good fish frys in the near future. Get out there and catch some! B63C8075-2C58-4C2E-AC19-CA71AF2D8741.jpeg494A121A-73D3-4038-A4D8-6C209512A4F1.jpegD047BBBE-A7FD-42C5-97AA-5F8FBC870711.jpeg5C15C646-4BAB-4A2C-B130-7026AEB66CBB.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
A couple of most excellent trips!!

Nimrod71

That's why I didn't catch any Friday - you caught all of them. No just for fun. I see you were fishing with crickets; I was fishing with worms. Days also make a big difference in how the fish are biting, one day is great, the next good and the next few and far between. Then you add the river level and weather. So the only way to beat the system is to go fishing every day.

Quack, you did good, really great. I planned to go on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I had to take my cousin to his doctors' appointments. But I am planning to go several days next week.

If you don't mind saying, what part of the river were you fishing, upper, middle or lower. I was fishing around Eason's Bluff. I may try Morgan's Lake next week.

Everyone, remember you can't catchum if you don't go. Letts go fishing!!!!!!!

Quack we are planning to try a trip soon, just wondering if you are hitting the good habitat on the main channel or if the feeders and big cuts are also good to target for these big bull bluegill? I’ve seen folks fishing both, and have tried both myself, but having limited experience fishing down there, I haven’t figured out which work best yet. Any pointers greatly appreciated. We are looking at launching at Williamsburg Landing.