Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Academy only had about 8 bottles of powder. They had about 10 boxes of the 22mags. Then had 30+ boxes of 7.62x51, 5.56 and 7.62x39. Had 12 gauge and 20 gauge buckshot and the all common 28 gauge you find everywhere.

The supply must be getting better, because all of that survived the 9am opening rush and lunchtime buyers. This was after 4pm.

Rosewood

rosewood

The .300 Savage 99 looks over and grins devilishly at the 125 Nosler Accubonds.
<<<<from a country hardware store in the middle of nowhere>>>>

View attachment 1071030
I would have bought that. My 45-70's really like RL7. Can't beat that price either even in normal times.

rosewood

Went there to, nothing.
This goes to show just how fast we are buying it. I bet the shipment Academy got in yesterday would have sit on the shelves for weeks during normal times. As it is, we buy them out in a day or 2 or maybe even within hours. We are definitely causing a lot of this ourselves. Yes I am guilty. But everything I buy goes in my stash or for my brother or good friend. I do not sell any thing.

I did intentionally leave the other H4350 and H335 on the shelf for the next guy that might need it.

Rosewood

FlipKing

Got 100rds of 6.5cm from Spark Munitions today and 260rds of match .308 from ODT today. All for not horrible prices. You can find ammo if ya work for it. Except 9mm that is. I aint paying that.

The problem isn't guys buying what they need.

The problem is the scabbers who are buying what they dont need, then re-selling it for a profit.

If people would stop buying from these scabbers....there would be ammo on the shelf and the scabbers would be left holding a mountain of ammo that they have hoarded and can no longer sell and then they will be stuck with it (which is exactly what they deserve...).

I have NEVER and would NEVER buy ammo from someone.

I dont support a second middleman. Especially someone who is selling it for a profit at the expense of everyone else...I can hardly tolerate the first middle man...which is why I reload almost everything I shoot....

Stop buying from individuals is my best advice to get things to turn around!!!

To that end I will NOT EVER list where I see ammo for sale publicly again. There are people taking advantage of this thread and many others to make all of us suffer....

SakoL61R

I would have bought that. My 45-70's really like RL7. Can't beat that price either even in normal times.

Ya know it's bad when you look around to make sure ain't nobody gonna snatch it while ya take a pic! Guilty. And grin largely after the sale. Like finding gold!

Must be THE stuff for 45-70. Says so on the bottle!

1/2 gr under max pushing 125 gr ABs from both my Sav 99s in .300.
Most accurate load I've worked up for both guns. Running around 3K fps and the combination is deadly on deer.

leroy

I try hard not to frequent Wally world any more but on a rare occasion it happens out of convenience. The Perry store today had BB guns and firelogs in their ammo case. Yes, I said firelogs. I've been saying they don't want to be in the ammo or gun bidness for several yrs now. Wokeness has it's consequences.

Sportsman warehouse had covid masks on the ammo shelves lol

dick7.62

I try hard not to frequent Wally world any more but on a rare occasion it happens out of convenience. The Perry store today had BB guns and firelogs in their ammo case. Yes, I said firelogs. I've been saying they don't want to be in the ammo or gun bidness for several yrs now. Wokeness has it's consequences.
I was there today also. I saw that.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Same thing in my local Walmart , Lagrange

bullgator

PowderValley seems to have a nice assortment of bullets available today. They’ve even got 9mm 124 XTPs.

JeffinPTC

I wouldn't give them $1.29 a round for 20 boxes of blems either

I wouldn't either, but a friend paid Cheaper Than Dirtballs $2 per for 9mm cause he bought his son a Kimber for Christmas.
To each his on dirtballs.
And I reeducated him about CTD, as if he needed it after the shame of paying $2.

GregoryB.

Saw some 270 and 350 legend on the Walmart shelf this morning when I stopped to pick up some groceries. Several places I shop on the web are starting to get a little bit of stuff in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.