Another gas price whine...

Glenn

Did I miss something in the news about an oil tanker sinking or pipeline being cut :huh:

The price of Reugualr unleaded here in Leesburg, Florida went from $2.19 last week to $2.33 begining of this week and is now $2.43 :hair:

I can understand that demand is up and we are at war but come on! At this rate I will be going out and buying a horse to ride my 80 miles to work everyday :hammers:

:banginghe

HuntinRebel3

Here in Tallahassee, the price dropped 4 cents two days ago. I filled up yesterday at $2.33 per gallon about 5 PM. I went by there this morning at it was $2.43 per gallon. Crazy. We will see $3 before the end of the year. :(

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Gonna keep on till I can't aford to drive to work . 76 miles round trip each day. :(

Randy

This is crazy. All the oil companies have earned record profits. I am officailly on strike. I am not going to burn a single gallon that is not required! My boat and 4 wheeler can just sit there. My grass can grow head high. I am on strike. Anybody want to follow me?

Nugefan

After vacation my grass is already head high so I am in...

Those very nice people that control the prices need to build a bigger house this year , God forbid they have to live in something simple like a 20,000 sq.ft. house....

They are laughing at us all the way to the bank ...

I get mileage for picking up parts and my freight cost for shipping items have shot up...can't afford to drive my truck for 31 cents a mile...

DeucesWild

I agree with you randy. I know it's not possible but if everybody were to cut back on their consumption, the big oil companies would have to take a step back and scratch their heads. According to the news, the reserves are low and the demand has never been higher ( so they say). At this rate the price will never top out. :cry: They say over seas, the price is twice as high as it is over hear. :hair:

Randy

DeucesWild said:
I agree with you randy. I know it's not possible but if everybody were to cut back on their consumption, the big oil companies would have to take a step back and scratch their heads. According to the news, the reserves are low and the demand has never been higher ( so they say). At this rate the price will never top out. :cry: They say over seas, the price is twice as high as it is over hear. :hair:
But over seas they have mass transit and or the towns are built for walking or bicycling. They are not as spread out as we are here.

pbradley

conspiracy theory?

They say when you want to alter behavior, you make the item in question too expensive to purchase.

Think alcohol and tobacco sin taxes; Hilary Clinton's proposed 2500% tax on ammo from the 90's, that sort of thing.

They've tried for years to get us out of our cars (or trucks, in the case of most of us here) and SUV's, with no success.

Until the recent price crisis, you pretty much couldn't give away a fuel hybrid vehicle...too expensive and a pretty unattractive car to boot.

If world growth is moderate and output is at a record high, why else would it be possible for me to pay $1.00 a gallon 4 years ago and $2.40 a gallon today?

Somebody's monkeying with prices.

H

HT2

All I know is............

I was talkin' with Brandon this morning and he said pretty much what I think........

I'm a "GW" person and I'm a life long Republican.........But, "GW" better do somethin' bout all these "HIGH GAS PRICES" and "HE" better do it in a dadgum hurry!!!!!!!!! :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Glenn

I fueled up this morning and it is back down to $2.35 :huh: what gives?

I am a Bush supporter also but the man isn't handling something right :banginghe

rayjay

I have been seriously thinking about building an electric vehicle. Most of our trips are only 30 mile round trips and a relatively simple elec conversion will easily do this. I have my eye on a Suzuki Samurai hardtop. The conversion cost would be between $6000 and $8000 bucks. The cost per mile would be the equivalent of app 80 to 100 mpg the way gas prices are going.

MCBUCK

Randy said:
This is crazy. All the oil companies have earned record profits. I am officailly on strike. I am not going to burn a single gallon that is not required! My boat and 4 wheeler can just sit there. My grass can grow head high. I am on strike. Anybody want to follow me?
My wife says I have been on strike with the grass for 2 weeks.

Razorback

Randy,

I'm w/ you on the gas strike. Going to try to go 3 weeks between grass cuttings instead of 1 week, use the wifes off road golf cart instead of my 4wheeler, be more effcient on side trips etc. . .

I drive a company van that takes 34 gallons per fill up from empty thats about $80 to fill er up & have to do that about every 6 to 8 days. Might try to talk the boss into buying an econo box & rent a van when we need it.

Razor

Randy

I use to say I cut the grass when I could not find my boat in yard. But since I can not afford gas for the boat either.............................grow grass grow. I hope my new neighbors love it.

I will have to keep my bow range mowed but that only takes a few minutes.

blacksnow

Banned
I feel sorry for you guys with a long commute to work. I'm lucky that I don't have to drive but 6 miles each day round trip. Those that have to drive 50+ miles one way to make $18 per hour are not keeping anymore in their pocket than I am at $13 per hour, expecially if they are driving something full sized. Something has got to give somewhere soon.

raghorn

HT2 said:
I was talkin' with Brandon this morning and he said pretty much what I think........

I'm a "GW" person and I'm a life long Republican.........But, "GW" better do somethin' bout all these "HIGH GAS PRICES" and "HE" better do it in a dadgum hurry!!!!!!!!! :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe
Count me in boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banginghe

elkoholic

ok guys i drive about 500 to 850 miles a week and i get .31 cents a mile for what i drive. i am so mad right now i see black everytime i pull up to the pumps i just get so mad. my ? is what has GW done while he has been in office. I thing he has done nothing i did vote for him i think we have made him richer. i am sure he has done something but i guess i am mad about gas prices. in 1998 i paid .72 for a gallon of gas what has made it go up so much 7 years sorry guys i am just mad thanks

Randy

elkoholic said:
ok guys i drive about 500 to 850 miles a week and i get .31 cents a mile for what i drive. i am so mad right now i see black everytime i pull up to the pumps i just get so mad. my ? is what has GW done while he has been in office. I thing he has done nothing i did vote for him i think we have made him richer. i am sure he has done something but i guess i am mad about gas prices. in 1998 i paid .72 for a gallon of gas what has made it go up so much 7 years sorry guys i am just mad thanks

OK tell me what you want now. I don't know about you but I voted for GW in one way to get the goberment out of my business. I assume you did too? Now you want them back in? GW did pass a tax break for the oil companies I assume, hoping it would help. It is not GW it is the oil companies. They are making record profits. They are raping tis nation. They are responsible. Not GW. As a nation we can strike or at least slow down our consumption and fight it ourselves or we can let the goberment get involved. Guess where we will be then?

I am on strike but it appears I am the only one.

Razorback

Randy,

All I need to mow is the back yard so my wifes little dogs can go poop & not get lost. And thanks for reminding me I need to mow about a 40yard lane between the deck & bow targets.

Razor