Another gas price whine...

Bigslick

here in dahlonega gas was $2.45 (regular) this morning and this afternoon it went to $ 2.55 :banginghe :banginghe :hair:

Buzz

HT2 said:
I was talkin' with Brandon this morning and he said pretty much what I think........

I'm a "GW" person and I'm a life long Republican.........But, "GW" better do somethin' bout all these "HIGH GAS PRICES" and "HE" better do it in a dadgum hurry!!!!!!!!! :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

I don't mean to sound like a broken record but what do you think Bush can do? I am not a Bush hater - but he is completely powerless to do a darn thing about it! If you feel otherwise than say what you believe King George can do to change gas prices. Drilling in Alaska is not going to help us anytime soon, if that is what you are thinking. From the sounds of some that post here - I get the impression that some believe Bush can wave a magic wand and POOF prices are back to $1.25 a gallon.

What is funny about most of these threads is that many of us work in an urban setting, yet we have chosen to live 30+ miles from where we work. In addition, many of us own large SUV's and \ or 4WD trucks that get 15 mpg on a good day. Well - when you buy a gas guzzling tank and you live a long ways from where you work, you are at the mercy of OPEC.

I own a 4X4 truck and I live 30 miles from Atlanta. However, I work from home so largely my gas expenditures are for pleasure. If I had to drive to Atlanta every day, I would move in a second. I would move because I do not see how people maintain sanity driving in traffic everyday.

marknga

GONetwork Member
I just got back from going up to Eatonton to finalize a deer lease( :D Finally! but thats another thread) and gas up there was 2.69 for unleaded................ouch.

Mark

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Some of ya'll sound like a bunch of liberals wanting the government to "so something".

The government isn't the one that got us where we are today.

T

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
You guys need to do a little look back , Bush can do something , for one normalize relations with Venasuala ( sp ) we import a lot of their oil and they're threatening to cut us off ( Yep Jeff! Bushes fault ) Let UN inspectors watch Iran closely their nuke facilities are for power not weapons although the administration would have you believe otherwise and we import a third of their oil which they are threatening to cut along with the strait of Hormoos ( sp ) a vital export route , Kill this daylight savings thing , Bush says it will save 100,000 barrels a day but the experts say it's actually going to up the useage , when people have more daylight hours they drive more , Its common sense something Bush lacks , Look with open eyes and minds who financially backed most if not all Bushes failed oil ventures in the past ( remember Arbusto Oil ? ) Sha-Zam Bin-Ladens :hair: , The Oil companys are making record profits yet Bush gives them Billions in tax breaks and incentives for what ? fuel effecient vehicles ? No , To conduct studies ?????? Isn't that convient DST will make up for it ( give me a break ) and speaking of breaks Bush has given every corporate break that he can while at the same time giving the shaft to every middle class income family that he can , The mere thought of giving tax breaks to anyone during a time of war is unheard of but Bush relishes in it , By Bushes standards our country is just hunky dory , No problems at all , so lets spend our money and our resourses its OK our great granchildren can worry about it , America is starting to wake up did you guys stay up late last night or what ?