Another I just don't get it thread-Gender Reveal Explosive Devices?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
So this father to be was killed when the explosive device for his pregnant wife's gender reveal party exploded. I don't get why explosives are necessary for gender reveal parties but it seems to be a thing now. You can even buy these things on Amazon. What's with all the drama? Why not just get a cake? Not many folks have been killed by cake (or at least not just one) but I guess it could happen.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-dad-to-be-killed-in-gender-reveal-explosion-police-say

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
So this father to be was killed when the explosive device for his wife's gender reveal party exploded. I don't get why explosives are necessary for gender reveal parties but it seems to be a thing now. You can even buy these things on Amazon. What's with all the drama? Why not just get a cake? Not many folks have been killed by cake (or at least not just one) but I guess it could happen.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-dad-to-be-killed-in-gender-reveal-explosion-police-say

What your doing right now explains it all. The joy of friends and family welcoming a new addition is inadequate for some folks. You have to have an exciting video for Tik Tok or Facebook to meet expectations. The net is not always a positive thing.

DAVE

After rereading the post I get it now, the party was to reveal the sex of their baby. It is sad that in this day and time I thought the wife was revealing her new gender after having a sex change or identifying as something new.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
What your doing right now explains it all. The joy of friends and family welcoming a new addition is inadequate some folks. You have to have an exciting video for Tik Tok or Facebook to meet expectations. The net is not always a positive thing.
Yeah, that's all I could figure too. I just don't get it though. I like blowing up a beaver dam as much as the next guy but I was doing it for a purpose. I think you hit it exactly. Folks have got to say "look how special we are, we're blowing something up because we're having a boy", and then post it somewhere. Personally, I'd rather see one of @NCHillbilly's cheeseburgers.
So, for future reference, anyone having a gender reveal party, skip the explosives and make cheeseburgers instead and then post pictures of them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get it. When my wife was pregnant, we went in for an ultrasound at four months. It showed a male appendage. After that, when somebody we knew asked us about it, we just said, "it's a boy." No party or explosives needed. Explosives are fun, though.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I guess folks just crave attention these days:huh:. When I gave birth, I had no idea what it was gonna be. Then it came out and the doctor held it up with it's private parts covered. He ask me didn't I want to know what it was. Well, It's a baby and it's healthy. That's all that matters. I did get my boy I always wanted! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I don't get it. When my wife was pregnant, we went in for an ultrasound at four months. It showed a male appendage. After that, when somebody we knew asked us about it, we just said, "it's a boy." No party or explosives needed. Explosives are fun, though.
I bet you made a cheeseburger that week though, didn't you? Celebration enough in my book!:LOL:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yeah, that's all I could figure too. I just don't get it though. I like blowing up a beaver dam as much as the next guy but I was doing it for a purpose. I think you hit it exactly. Folks have got to say "look how special we are, we're blowing something up because we're having a boy", and then post it somewhere. Personally, I'd rather see one of @NCHillbilly's cheeseburgers.

I tread on thin ice for as a boy I’ve tried to turn amphibians into astronauts using coffee cans and explosives. :rolleyes::whistle:

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I'm not sure, but after the explosions I heard Saturday, the neighbors must be having twins from the pink and blue confetti laying on their front sidewalk. Or a litter of puppies from the chihuahua that likes to chew on my pants leg.

oldfella1962

Did you notice that there was a link to another guy in Michigan who had a celebration cannon explode and kill a guest? That was a couple of weeks ago or so. I hope Biden gets these weapons of war * banned for good! Yeah back in the day it was "so the ultrasound showed it's most likely a boy? Ummm, okay, I guess that's cool, now I know what color baby clothes to buy" and that was about it.

* children of course!

toolmkr20

I guess I’m just heartless. I don’t feel bad one bit for them. Morons are gonna moron no matter what. Should’ve just baked a cake. Nowadays it’s all about how many likes I can get on some social media site.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

This is kind of funny in a way: when I was in the sandbox in 2003 (the war had been going on for a couple of months already) now & then civilians would get killed because our soldiers thought they were under attack because the locals were engaging in "celebratory gunfire" :oops: which is a cultural thing like after/during a wedding ceremony, or the birth of a child, or whatever. Let that sink in....during wartime you fire weapons into the air rolling down the highway next to a military convoy because what could possibly go wrong?

Of course I thought "wow, what is wrong with these idiots?" yet here we are. :(