Any of yalls HS baseball teams still in the Playoffs?

Oldstick

Perry narrowly squeaked out a 1-1 game split vs Whitewater today despite losing the first game 18-8. Whitewater was very impressive on defense, hitting, and base running.

ATLFalconsfan80

That’s awesome Oldstick…good luck to Perry today…North Cobb Chrisitan won both games on the double header against Callaway 4-3 on the first game and 12-2 on the second game…moved on to round 3 to play against Jeff Davis High School

DSGB

DSGB

ATLFalconsfan80

North Cobb Christian lost the coin toss (both were 1 seeds) so they head to Jeff Davis High School, out of Hazlehurst Ga, today for Round 3...

Good Luck To Perry HS against looks to be North Oconee and good Luck to Brookstone, if still playing

HIGH COUNTRY

Jeff Davis here, grandson is a senior (young one will graduate at seventeen).

May be a barn burner...

Both really good teams, all of ours are home grown and developed (small town of 4500 - county of 12,000), they started playing rec ball together since five years of age and I havent missed many games!

Go JD!!!

ATLFalconsfan80

Jeff Davis here, grandson is a senior (young one will graduate at seventeen).

May be a barn burner...

Both really good teams, all of ours are home grown and developed (small town of 4500 - county of 12,000), they started playing rec ball together since five years of age and I havent missed many games!

Go JD!!!

Definitely going to be great matchup...good luck to your grandson!!! That's awesome that they've all played together since that long of a time.. We're definitely not sleeping on this series at all..

Go Eagles!! Get that back to back title!!

Oldstick

North Oconee breezes right through Perry then flips around back north on 75 to the final four. Congratulations to North Oconee.

Hopefully the Houston Co. deputies weren't out waiting to stop them for speeding... :D

Last edited:

HIGH COUNTRY

Well, I am going to be brutally honest here.

North Cobb Christian arguably has the best baseball team in AA for two years in a row.

However, they were totally obnoxious. Constantly yelping and even banging on the metal fence the entire time. After they won, not exactly a respectful appearance either.

Sorry, but this would never be allowed by any South Ga baseball coach period.

To top it off, their first base coach made a direct condescending disparing comment to my grandson coming off the field during late game because he was pumped up with our having the lead. This should be investigated by CHH administrators, and he should be held accountable by CHH administrators.

Reminded me of Bevis and Butthead, all bleached long hair.

Glad the GHSA finally woke up with next years reclassication with the unlevel playing filed with the north atlanta private money, coaching and widespread recruiting (I was told by a parent forty miles out that another private school gave her son a free 35, 000 ride for four years). Statistics show most of privates students are out of geographical area to boot.

Personally, I am glad we will never see another north atlanta private playing in south ga again, the privates can beat up on each other in their affluent PRIVATE Atlanta area backyard.

Sour grapes, no sir - just calling it like it is.

ATLFalconsfan80

Well, I am going to be brutally honest here.

North Cobb Christian arguably has the best baseball team in AA for two years in a row.

However, they were totally obnoxious. Constantly yelping and even banging on the metal fence the entire time. After they won, not exactly a respectful appearance either.

Sorry, but this would never be allowed by any South Ga baseball coach period.

To top it off, their first base coach made a direct condescending disparing comment to my grandson coming off the field during late game because he was pumped up with our having the lead. This should be investigated by CHH administrators, and he should be held accountable by CHH administrators.

Reminded me of Bevis and Butthead, all bleached long hair.

Glad the GHSA finally woke up with next years reclassication with the unlevel playing filed with the north atlanta private money, coaching and widespread recruiting (I was told by a parent forty miles out that another private school gave her son a free 35, 000 ride for four years). Statistics show most of privates students are out of geographical area to boot.

Personally, I am glad we will never see another north atlanta private playing in south ga again, the privates can beat up on each other in their affluent PRIVATE Atlanta area backyard.

Sour grapes, no sir - just calling it like it is.
Sounds to me like it is sour grapes....going after kids appearances...:huh:...wish the best for your grandson bossman...

Go Eagles...

Buford_Dawg

Unfortunately, the obnoxious behavior happens everywhere in all sports today. My 2 sons played HS baseball so I have seen 8 years total of terrible behavior, on both sides of the field. Location of the team has absolutely nothing to do with it, south GA/north GA, it is all over the place. Kids will be Kids and unfortunately some coaches go over extreme. Many times, coaches, parents and the kids playing on the field make rash actions, verbal jabs, etc.... in the heat of the moment.

Latest posts