Anybody See The News? (Bobcat)

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
I just caught some of it but ---- somebody in Georgia was attacked by a 40 pound Bobcat?

Anybody know the details?

Darryl Yates

Woody,I think it was an officer that got atacked while he was trying to get it away from a ladys dog..It grabbed him by the leg and then he shot it..There being tested for rabies...

Muygrande

AAuuugh!!! Hhhhuuuuuuhhh!!! Shoot this thang!!!! Hhhuuooooowwwl it's killing me!! Knock 'eem out john!!! :bounce: :D

frankwright

It attacked the lady and bit holes all in her leg. Two deputys came and while they were talking to her the Bobcat came back and latched on the guys leg. They said the other Deputy was unable to shoot so cut it's throat with the "hunting" knife they carry?.

It was 40 lbs which is pretty big.

Last week while sitting in a treestand, I heard something behind me and turned around to see a big bobcat following my trail to the stand. It saw or heard me and took off up the hill. It was a full grown one also.

I always look around and wonder when I am sitting on the ground, fully camoed,with a head net on and making noises like a turkey. I hope a Bobcat doesn't think I am food.

Skipper

Banned
I had one start up my tree once. I drew on it and was going to let it fly, season or no season, but it saw me in time and took off.

Skipper

Duff

A guy in Alabama had caught one in a trap and had it in the back of his truck. He said it would weight 40+lbs. That is the only 40+ lbs bobcat I ever saw. Huge. That is a big cat.

That is, if you don't count the panthers :speechles

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Probably not a fun experience. can you imagine the noise both the cat and the officer were making?

Jim

GeauxLSU

frankwright said:
It attacked the lady and bit holes all in her leg. Two deputys came and while they were talking to her the Bobcat came back and latched on the guys leg.
Do what?!?! :eek: Yeah, I'm thinking I know the results of that rabies test... :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like mad cat disease to me. :bounce:

Dog Hunter

Had an ole man back home almost get attacked by one during turkey season. He happened to move at the right time (Just as the cat was coming up behind him)

dbodkin

If it were Ted Nugent
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v