Need some new ideas for my small property.

sportsman94

@sportsman94 get you some of this! I’ve reserved an excavator when I have to pull this line. :rofl:

I almost took a pic of a set yesterday just so yall can see that I don’t just trap in sand. The place I’m on now is as hard clay as it gets. Hence no buried bait sets even on when I’m getting whooped by predators. That’s why I let my truck do the pulling for me!

sleepr71

Being on a small property probably makes it easy to educate the locals. Once they see a pal get caught in a dirt hole set..or relate a certain smell to TRAPS/danger…I’d say that a blind set(with NO lure/smell) is about the only answer :huh:

sleepr71

I have tried some offbeat stuff,and had occasional luck. The Colder..the better..as far as “food” lures go. White insulation..down a dirt hole..with Bacon Grease will catch about any critter that walks the Earth:). Bobcat meat,Catfish stink bait,domestic cat pee & poop,dog poop…you get the idea. Something different..that tricks them into investigating what another animal may have been doing there,or hidden in that hole…is what I’m after.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Try a tire set with the trap in the middle, toss some straw or hay in it with some corn or bird seed for mice to use.

2dye4

I almost took a pic of a set yesterday just so yall can see that I don’t just trap in sand. The place I’m on now is as hard clay as it gets. Hence no buried bait sets even on when I’m getting whooped by predators. That’s why I let my truck do the pulling for me!
I’m just messing with you man. I do have a little sand on some spots, but mostly hard red clay.