Did some traps today...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Not much going on in the trappin' forum, but I did dye and wax some traps today.

Had 14 laying around so I washed, dyed, and waxed em.

They'll be ready when it finally cools off a bit so I can set some!

IMG_20230904_170806937.jpg
IMG_20230904_175543538.jpg

I got three or four that need new anchors, and I'm going to try making some dye with some purple berries (beautyberry, I think) that are all over the place right now.

Not 100% sure what they are, but if you walk thru them they sure stain your britches....lol.

furtaker

I painted and dipped some of mine a while back. I'm going to try to get a small line going here soon before rifle season starts if it will cool off a little bit.

I always see an uptick in activity starting in September. The pups are getting ready to leave home.

sportsman94

I painted and dipped some of mine a while back. I'm going to try to get a small line going here soon before rifle season starts if it will cool off a little bit.

I always see an uptick in activity starting in September. The pups are getting ready to leave home.

Gonna do the same thing the first week of October if I can find the time. Just a little line around the house. Should be nice to scratch the itch, just hoping I can find locations with no fox or cats around

furtaker

I made me a new sifter. I have a heavy duty Freedom Brand and it's built like a tank but it's heavy and the holes are a little too big and numerous for my liking. I got this idea from Wayne Derrick. I just took a sauce pan and drilled some holes in the bottom. Seemed to work pretty well in a quick trial run in the yard.
IMG_20230905_103734725_HDR~2.jpg