Anyone catching crappie?

RamblinWreck

Deer hunting .. crappie fishing .. deer hunting .. crappie fishing ..

Decisions, decisions.

hawkeye123

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I catch just as big a pile of crappie in November as I do in March. Seems to be that they're on fire about the same time the hybrids and white bass turn on. Water temperature is still too warm at the moment though. Still in the low 70 range. When we drop down to that magic 64-55 water temp range, we'll be SMASHING them![/QUOTE
Below 65 is the ticket! Catch more hybrids & crappie in Nov than any time besides March, all my deer hunting buddies chasing that big rack , miss out, good thing I live on a good fishing lake, can do both!

RamblinWreck

Yeah - too dang windy to venture out on my favorite crappie lake in a kayak, anyway!

I am putting a rod and some tackle in the truck as well as hunting gear. I know some folks who will let me fish their farm ponds down by the deer lease. (y)

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I went out today, faired ok. Brought 10 home and threw several back. Wind was a little too strong for spider rigging but I managed to catch a few that way then went to shooting docks and picked up the rest. Blue ice was the color of choice on the docks

Fletch_W

Banned
I cleaned two yesterday, no eggs yet. Might have been males though, I don't know how to tell the difference. They were also tight on Christmas trees and had to get the jig right on their nose, which is why I only came home with 2.

One came on black/chart tube. One came on Bobby's Monkey Milk. Crappie nibbles tipped on both.

Gwinnett Co pond. Clear water [despite all the rain, I was surprised at the clarity]

the Lackster

Not fishing for them but i marked a ton of crappie or whote bass on hartwell Saturday. Most seemed to be 25ft or less

Fletch_W

Banned
The next 7 days straight are all forecast with highs over 60 and some over 70 [ATL area], I reckon that'll turn them on around here. Time to get everything dusted off and lubed up and ready.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I will be on the water Thursday and Friday.
Saturday and Sunday for me... But not going after Crappie. I'm going way up the headwaters of Lanier to chase some other migrating fish. Tear em up!!!

RamblinWreck

No dust on me. It's been wet and cold, and very hard to keep a cigar lit in the wind, but the fish are still in there. Crappie have been hit or miss scattered about yet, but the bass bite has been good. Dang green fish keep trying to snatch the UL out of my cold hands. No kidding, I've probably caught 20-30 bass - dinks and fatties, a few real nice ones - in the past couple weeks crappie fishing. Crazy.

fish hawk

Bass Master
When I cleaned those fish most were females and full of eggs.Eye reckon if it stays warm enough it's going to bust wide open around that March 28th full moon.