Pistol recommendation for running…?

BBQOutdoors77

For those who are avid runners can you recommend a lightweight pistol? I’m getting into marathon distances and my G43 gets pretty heavy after 10+ miles.

sleepr71

Ruger LCR in .38 sp,or LCP in .380. If you are ok with less firepower..NAA 5 shot in .22 Mag(I love the one with the folding handle/grip). Honestly..it’s going to be hard to beat the LCP,with an additional mag along for the trip. IMO.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've got a keltec .32 acp that'd be great for that.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m not a runner but a S&W Bodyguard .380 is in the same category as those mentioned so far. I carry one frequently.

BBQOutdoors77

I know a guy who was an avid runner, he stayed on country roads, he carried a 686 in his right hand while running. He never had a problem.

How do you intend to carry it?
Yeah the 686 is a bit much gun for running IMO. I’ll most likely be carrying with a belly band, appendix, or a very small vest.

BBQOutdoors77

Ruger LCR in .38 sp,or LCP in .380. If you are ok with less firepower..NAA 5 shot in .22 Mag(I love the one with the folding handle/grip). Honestly..it’s going to be hard to beat the LCP,with an additional mag along for the trip. IMO.
I have thought very seriously about the NAA

Robert28

Don’t discount a 642 or 442. When it comes to those small pistols I’m just not the target market they’re after. I’ve owned many of them and don’t keep them long. I have a 442 that I don’t enjoy shooting but I carry it quite a bit because of the light weight and easiness to conceal.

Latest posts