Ruger 10/22 Scope?

BluewaterFever

Looking for some input on scopes for a Ruger 10/22. My eyes aren't what they used to be and want to have fun plinking and actually hitting at what I'm aiming at again. I used to be pretty good at the iron sights but not so much anymore. So, I am leaning towards a Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32.
Does anybody have any experience with this scope? Or can they recommend something better in the $125 price range.
Thanks for your help.

menhadenman

I’ve got an Athlon 3-9 Neos on one of our 10/22s that’s OK. They’re cheap so don’t expect much but have good customer service and lifetime warranty. The next tier up is a little better and probably in your price range still. Lots of good options.

Robert28

It’s probably too big for a 10/22 but when I bought mine it came with a 3-9x40 scope. I forget the name but it was bad. I stuck a $99 Bushnell Banner on it and it’s been fine. If I’d just bought the gun itself I would have stuck something like what you’re looking at on it, but I could get the package deal cheaper than I could just the gun at other places at the time. $288 out the door.

BluewaterFever

Just mounted a Vortex crossfire that Amaaazon had an open box for dirt cheap.
I think they made a mistake because there isn't a scratch on it and it looks pristine. Boresighted at 50 yds.
Now to take another walk in the woods.

GunnSmokeer

Older (1970's to middle 1980's)
fixed 4X scope,
1" tube,
32mm to 40mm objective lens,

and a big rear lens (ocular lens) did generous "eye box" --meaning your eye placement behind the scope is not very critical. You can move your eye an inch or so in any direction and still get the full view.

Latest posts