Are these carvings in this big rock?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I'm no geologist but I have rocks like that on my place. To me they have always appeared to be naturally formed. One of mine has what we as kids termed the "Indian hidey hole".

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Rocks like that around me are still cool, even without carvings. That's where they would have been left during the last ice age! Not moved since and a LOT bigger than they are now. Probably originating from the Appalachian Mnt belt :)

Anvil Head

Bigfoot's kickball?.....
Big rocks are cool no matter what.

Shrimpngrits

Thanks y’all, went out there today and checked it out myself. Found another rock that had a hole in the bottom of it, took more pics. It looks like erosion to me I guess… I’ve just never seen such out of random granite boulders that aren’t near a river at least…

Attachments

• IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3949.jpeg
    IMG_3949.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    665.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3951.jpeg
    IMG_3951.jpeg
    680.6 KB · Views: 55

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Glacier deposits most likely.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like water worn marks, from an ancient age.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Last pic below

1699581754594.png

The light and shadows create primitive images in that boulder. Man-2 legged images on the right in the Sunny location, and 4 legged ungalates-Deer to the left jumping hopping and bouncing in all directions as they flee......great pic if one can visualize it as I am.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Last pic below

View attachment 1268115

The light and shadows create primitive images in that boulder. Man-2 legged images on the right in the Sunny location, and 4 legged ungalates-Deer to the left jumping hopping and bouncing in all directions as they flee......great pic if one can visualize it as I am.

Yes it is. Kinda neat and it does look like drawings.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Last pic below

View attachment 1268115

Yeah, that's very cool. Reminds me a lot of this, but from a few seconds later after the deer turned around and started running off :)

painting.jpg