Armadillo

MudDucker

Staff member
I hate dillos because they love my yard and make a mess. Only two ways to get rid of them ... firepower or put out insecticide in the turf to call all grubs. Right now, I am using firepower, but soon will switch to insecticide. Now if I see them in the woods, I let them be.

marshallknight

Search "homemade armadillo trap" on youtube. It's basically a wooden box with two sliding trap doors and a spring stick in the middle. I made one in high school and caught 4 or 5 at my parents house. I would set it next to a building and use a 2x6 to help funnel them into the trap. Works great.

Not as fun as shooting them, but way more time efficient :)

Baroque Brass

I hate dillos because they love my yard and make a mess. Only two ways to get rid of them ... firepower or put out insecticide in the turf to call all grubs. Right now, I am using firepower, but soon will switch to insecticide. Now if I see them in the woods, I let them be.
I tried the grub killer, it didn’t seem to make much difference. Still had dillers.

tr21

shoot em in the yard or in the woods, why let them be ? I shoot every one I can...

Toliver

Me too brother. Disease carrying and destructive.
Kill them all you want, I'm not against controlling invasive species, but they don't carry anything you actually need to worry about.