Bainbridge - New Monkey Breeding Facility

psedna

UAEC
No it is not Aprils fool day, and I am not pulling your leg here.

May have already been on here, this is worse than solar farms.

New monkey research breeding facility coming to Bainbridge, will have up to 30,000 monkeys in it.

Community pushing back big time, county withdrew earlier offered tax incentives.

Have you watched the last few Planet of The Apes Movies?

Our hunting property is about thirty miles from Bainbridge!!~!

Caesar says - Monkeys stay strong together!!!

bilgerat

Senior
when I was a teen I worked a few summers at the Yerkey's primate research center off Colins Hill rd in Lawrenceville. If i remember correctly they had 300 primates there give or take a few, Never had complaints from the neighbors, we did have idiot protesters outside the gate on a few occasions, but they were the PETA types from out of town and state. My job was a great ape animal caretaker {aka cage washer and feeder} for the chimpanzees, orangutangs and gorillas. Really fun job other than getting poo thrown at me from the chimps every once and awhile.

turkeykirk

pjciii

when I was a teen I worked a few summers at the Yerkey's primate research center off Colins Hill rd in Lawrenceville. If i remember correctly they had 300 primates there give or take a few, Never had complaints from the neighbors, we did have idiot protesters outside the gate on a few occasions, but they were the PETA types from out of town and state. My job was a great ape animal caretaker {aka cage washer and feeder} for the chimpanzees, orangutangs and gorillas. Really fun job other than getting poo thrown at me from the chimps every once and awhile.

Didn't they close the Lawrenceville facility and build a monkey retirement center up around Blue Ridge. When I lived they had a sure nuff escape of a handful. They got all but one back. They figure it got hit by a car or something.

Last edited:

ucfireman

With all the PETA folks trying to shut down research on primates and all animals for that matter, I'm surprised a new one would open in the US.
But as said earlier, what could go wrong?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Didn't they close the Lawrenceville facility and build a monkey retirement center up around Blue Ridge. When I lived they had a sure nuff escape of a handful. They got all but one back. They figure it got hit by a car or something.
Project Chimp Sanctuary. Its about 20 miles from my house.

georgia_home

Python season
monkey season
python season
monkey season

what could go rong?

Reactions: Dub

GeorgiaGlockMan

.....or something?????

That's how all those planet of the apes movies start.

"Circus escapes" and all.......always ends with a talking ape.

HermanMerman

I grew up right down the road from Yerkeys. Dad told me stories of one getting loose, ripping the ragtop off his friend’s jeep a few miles away and using the roller bars to swing from. Heard another story from a friend at work that another one got loose, wandered across Collins Hill rd to the power line and got electrocuted swinging from the lines.

bilgerat

Senior
I grew up right down the road from Yerkeys. Dad told me stories of one getting loose, ripping the ragtop off his friend’s jeep a few miles away and using the roller bars to swing from. Heard another story from a friend at work that another one got loose, wandered across Collins Hill rd to the power line and got electrocuted swinging from the lines.
we had to go get the one that got electrocuted, it was a rhesus monkey and he was crispy.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Monkey breeding facility.

What are they breeding them with?

It didn't say.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
There is an Island in S.C. called Morgan Island.

Few people in South Carolina know there’s a sea island approximately 10 miles from beautiful downtown Beaufort that was once an active research laboratory. Today, however, the property is just merely the home of the island’s former research subjects: an entire colony of free-range Rhesus monkeys that’s now grown to approximately 4,000 strong.

The monkeys, one of only two colonies of Rhesus monkeys in the U.S., were brought to Morgan Island in the 1970s from Puerto Rico as part of laboratory research projects that no longer exist.