Bainbridge - New Monkey Breeding Facility

diamondback

I live near bainbridge. My biggest concerns would be what are they gonna do with all that poop. Will run off go into the flint ? And next thing you know they will have a research facility next door to keep from shipping them. With the Covid mess I don’t think I would want to chance any kind of virus getting out and I’m pretty sure if a monkey Carries it that it would pass to humans pretty easy. As much push back as they are getting from locals it’s gonna get ugly if they go through with this.

oldfella1962

I live near bainbridge. My biggest concerns would be what are they gonna do with all that poop. Will run off go into the flint ? And next thing you know they will have a research facility next door to keep from shipping them. With the Covid mess I don’t think I would want to chance any kind of virus getting out and I’m pretty sure if a monkey Carries it that it would pass to humans pretty easy. As much push back as they are getting from locals it’s gonna get ugly if they go through with this.
Good call on the poop runoff! And to add to the poop runoff issue, if it's a "research facility" then who knows what kind of dangerous medications & chemicals are in that poop? :oops:Humans shouldn't flush expired medications down the sink/toilet, but tainted monkey poop might get into our water supply? I'm not saying this facility shouldn't be built, but rushing into it without thinking it through is not the smart play.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I wonder whether the monkeys will identify as monkeys or as something else. We have entered some strange times here.

oldfella1962

I wonder whether the monkeys will identify as monkeys or as something else. We have entered some strange times here.
Yes strange times indeed, but as far as I know monkeys haven't bought into the "cavalcade of genders" situation that some humans are into.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

If they come swinging by me the remains can be identified as DEAD. As in buzzard and eagle feed. And if they fall in the water, gator bait. My cabin is downstream from there. Whoever the county representatives are who voted that in deserve the same treatment.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Why does Georgia get all the monkeys? They should have something like that out in the middle of a desert where they would be easier to find if some were to escape. Somewhere like area 51.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Area 51 is already full of moon bats and I hear that monkeys and aliens don't mix well anyway.

HIGH COUNTRY

I have been making light of all of it, considering how bizarre it all is - but ist is downright crazy.

I think they are raising the monkeys to sell to other parties, who will do the research on them - they are not actually doing the research at the breedng facility. Not that that helps that muchy.

I can see the ads now, for $15 a month you can adopt a monkey and get this cute little stuffed monkey -Sorry!!!

Developers seem really arrogant with all of it, "project is on a tight timeline and we are moving forward": type comments.

That just doesnt fly very well with the community I am sure...