Bama/ USF

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
So do we just shut it down for Prime? College football is his? All the HBCU players have been better than D1 players. Have we been blind to that because of the Success of Bama,UGA, Ohio Stat and Miami and Nebraska of old? I feel something odd brewing. Bama fans rest assured Saban isn’t leaving yet. Because he hasn’t said he was staying or not taking another job. If he say either or, he gone! All joking aside. Way too many blue chips on Bamas roster to throw in the towel. Saban isn’t done yet.
He loves the job and competition, couldn’t see him leaving in the near term, but who knows. I been a fan for decades, seen them do some great turn arounds over the years. Maybe it’s just adapting to the new norm but something feels very wrong.

James12

Again, the portal and NIL has spread the talent out…. Some schools are lucky to have their 23’ schedule, while others aren’t and stand the chance to lose to an otherwise mediocre level team each week if they’re not careful. As far as BAMA, Saban doesn’t have the coordinator and supporting staff he’s had in years past - or so it seems.

Geffellz18

So do we just shut it down for Prime? College football is his? All the HBCU players have been better than D1 players. Have we been blind to that because of the Success of Bama,UGA, Ohio Stat and Miami and Nebraska of old? I feel something odd brewing. Bama fans rest assured Saban isn’t leaving yet. Because he hasn’t said he was staying or not taking another job. If he say either or, he gone! All joking aside. Way too many blue chips on Bamas roster to throw in the towel. Saban isn’t done yet.
Definitely not throwing in the towel-except on the game as a whole with this NIL/transfer portal/mega conference jargon going on!
Bama definitely not looking dominant as in years past, but objectively speaking it’s more the lack of disciplined play that’s hurting Bama the most.
4 td’s erased due to penalties & a botched punt return yesterday giving S. FL their only points. S FL never had another chance to score otherwise the entire game.
Clean up the errors and they still have a chance to do well throughout the season.
The O-Line needs to tighten up, and the receivers have to catch the ball. Too many missed opportunities.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Again, the portal and NIL has spread the talent out…. Some schools are lucky to have their 23’ schedule, while others aren’t and stand the chance to lose to an otherwise mediocre level team each week if they’re not careful. As far as BAMA, Saban doesn’t have the coordinator and supporting staff he’s had in years past - or so it seems.
Nonsense, the DC is on his third round with Saban. They’ve had success together before. Bama has plenty invested in staff and facilities. I’m not giving up on them. Just a frustrating game to watch knowing the potential they have.

James12

Nonsense, the DC is on his third round with Saban. They’ve had success together before. Bama has plenty invested in staff and facilities. I’m not giving up on them. Just a frustrating game to watch knowing the potential they have.

Won’t disagree on DC, but it’s not nonsense to say his staff isn’t what it’s been in the past.

Personally, I can’t believe Buchner was even brought in, much less considered this week over Milroe. That was all Rees! Milroe had a great week 1 and week 2 wasn’t horrible against an awesome team. Buchner doesn’t appear to be an SEC caliber QB.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I think it’s deeper than that.
Saban's problem is Saban....when you have Qb's on your roster that are future NFL starters, you can play those silly games of "who's my guy this week". What he has now is a roster of Qb's that are having a difficult time making the case they could start in the Xfl.....

bullgator

Trying to put teams in pecking order after 3 games is ridiculous. Some teams start the season hitting on all cylinders while some need a game or three to get up to speed. Also, some teams play down to competition and others get up for high ranked teams. Writing teams off or promoting them this early is ridiculous…….as are the constantly changing polls.

RedHills

Trying to put teams in pecking order after 3 games is ridiculous.

Not so fast there....I understand the premise, but not sure anybody is writing Off anybody after 3 games. But to even consider it not a big deal overall is stretching it. In Alabama's case, they have to win out period....now, after 3 games to make the playoff. It may not put them in the pecking order, but they know where they gotta be in it! Whatcha think Bama's chances are now....just after 3 games?

Last edited:

bullgator

Not so fast there....I understand the premise, but not sure anybody is writing Off anybody after 3 games. But to even consider it not a big deal overall is stretching it. In Alabama's case, they have to win out period....now, after 3 games to make the playoff. It may not put them in the pecking order, but they know where they gotta be in it! Whatcha think Bama's chances are now....just after 3 games?
Chances?….not good. We’ve seen teams start off slow and be almost unbeatable down the stretch. Bama has talent, so it’s a matter of correcting the mistakes before it costs them another loss. Georgia seemed to struggle against some low tier competition, and Mizzou, before finding their groove last year. It’s only an issue because we’re so used to seeing Bama run the schedule and only have a game or two of stiff competition. LSU is another team with a loss that’s still in the thick of things.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Right now, i'm thinking bowl eligibility would be nice.
Against Texas, i gave the O-line a pass as Milroe kept panicking and wouldn't stay in the forming pocket. A 350+ pound lineman trying to block for a scrambling QB is a disaster. As we saw. Milroe either runs or throws the ball long. No short pass game whatsoever. So, i was thinking a week after a loss is usually a really bad time to face an angry Alabama squad and they would rebound with a stellar performance. Instead, this happened:
Bama's O line gave up seven sacks( mostly on Proctor's side). They got pushed around all day till the end. How do you get worse after a 30 minute rain delay? They did. Buckner's passes were all aimed at the shoes for some reason when he wasn't throwing behind receivers. He was 5-14 passing. Putrid. Simpson was 5-9 passing and -12 yds on his scrambling. So we have an RPO QB who can't pass but can run, we have a pro-style QB who can't pass OR run, and we have a 3rd stringer who doesn't know the sytem yet but can pass short routes. Our center is a straight up mess. No consistency whatsoever. Our run game would be good to excellent if a pass was an option, but in the last two weeks, the opponents have either stacked the line or did well with just a 4 man rush. I'm not sure how an OC can fix it. The best playcaller in the world still has to have a team that can execute the call. This team can't right nowOur defensive secondary is gonna get torched by an accurate QB, our D Line seems to run out of gas fairly quickly, and stupid bonehead penalties are killing us on both sides of the ball.
So, in conclusion, we have no identity, no leaders, no QB, two decent running backs till the line gets stacked, an out of shape D-line, no discip[line on either side of the ball, and a coach that really has shown no emotion this year. Can it be fixed in a week? Doubtful.
so yeah, bowl eligibility would be nice.

RedHills

Right now, i'm thinking bowl eligibility would be nice.
Against Texas, i gave the O-line a pass as Milroe kept panicking and wouldn't stay in the forming pocket. A 350+ pound lineman trying to block for a scrambling QB is a disaster. As we saw. Milroe either runs or throws the ball long. No short pass game whatsoever. So, i was thinking a week after a loss is usually a really bad time to face an angry Alabama squad and they would rebound with a stellar performance. Instead, this happened:
Bama's O line gave up seven sacks( mostly on Proctor's side). They got pushed around all day till the end. How do you get worse after a 30 minute rain delay? They did. Buckner's passes were all aimed at the shoes for some reason when he wasn't throwing behind receivers. He was 5-14 passing. Putrid. Simpson was 5-9 passing and -12 yds on his scrambling. So we have an RPO QB who can't pass but can run, we have a pro-style QB who can't pass OR run, and we have a 3rd stringer who doesn't know the sytem yet but can pass short routes. Our center is a straight up mess. No consistency whatsoever. Our run game would be good to excellent if a pass was an option, but in the last two weeks, the opponents have either stacked the line or did well with just a 4 man rush. I'm not sure how an OC can fix it. The best playcaller in the world still has to have a team that can execute the call. This team can't right nowOur defensive secondary is gonna get torched by an accurate QB, our D Line seems to run out of gas fairly quickly, and stupid bonehead penalties are killing us on both sides of the ball.
So, in conclusion, we have no identity, no leaders, no QB, two decent running backs till the line gets stacked, an out of shape D-line, no discip[line on either side of the ball, and a coach that really has shown no emotion this year. Can it be fixed in a week? Doubtful.
so yeah, bowl eligibility would be nice.

I'll agree with everything you posted...and put the emphasis on the lack of a dynamic QB.....which is one of the trademarks of a Saban coached team. There seems to be no team confidence because of that void. (Currently)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'll agree with everything you posted...and put the emphasis on the lack of a dynamic QB.....which is one of the trademarks of a Saban coached team. There seems to be no team confidence because of that void. (Currently)
I would agree the QB is the natural leader of the offense. A motivated leader on both sides would make big difference right now. A Derrick Henry comes to mind for offense that’s not a QB.

SpotandStalk

Saban is just tired and rightfully so. It’s much easier to spend time at “the properties” than it is watching film and living football 22 hrs a day. I just hope he pulls that retirement trigger at the right time.

BamaGeorgialine

Trying to put teams in pecking order after 3 games is ridiculous. Some teams start the season hitting on all cylinders while some need a game or three to get up to speed. Also, some teams play down to competition and others get up for high ranked teams. Writing teams off or promoting them this early is ridiculous…….as are the constantly changing polls.
I haven't thought of a pecking order. Bama's troubles are still going and started last year. Early last year. This isn’t a game three problem. Throwing three quarterbacks out there and hoping for the best is a problem. Jumping off sides is a problem. Turning the ball over, yet not creating turnovers are a problem. Getting touchdowns called back at least once a game is a problem. I'm just glad that none of those are my problems.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I read what some of y’all say and I can’t understand how you think.

The portal and NIL have
Changed everything and leveled the playing field? Really? The last three national titles have been Alabama, Georgia, Georgia. That seems different and like we are in a new age to you? Lol.

Also, y’all are so blinded by what you wish was true. You act like the portal and NIL is only available to teams that can’t compete with Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State in recruiting. Y’all do realize Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State can use the portal and NIL too right? It doesn’t work one way. And they all have more money to spend than your teams do. When suddenly some of these other teams are winning titles and knocking off the big boys you can claim it’s a new era and not sound like you’re just living in a dream world.

RedHills

I read what some of y’all say and I can’t understand how you think.

The portal and NIL have
Changed everything and leveled the playing field? Really? The last three national titles have been Alabama, Georgia, Georgia. That seems different and like we are in a new age to you? Lol.

Also, y’all are so blinded by what you wish was true. You act like the portal and NIL is only available to teams that can’t compete with Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State in recruiting. Y’all do realize Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State can use the portal and NIL too right? It doesn’t work one way. And they all have more money to spend than your teams do. When suddenly some of these other teams are winning titles and knocking off the big boys you can claim it’s a new era and not sound like you’re just living in a dream world

Not sure I see where you've reached that conclusion..new era? What I'll argue is, it has and will continue to create a more complex "talent sharing" arena in the College landscape. There's too many teams benefiting from it now. One I'll mention is Colorado. If that isn't a valid example to you, I'm not sure what to say.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Not sure I see where you've reached that conclusion..new era? What I'll argue is, it has and will continue to create a more complex "talent sharing" arena in the College landscape. There's too many teams benefiting from it now. One I'll mention is Colorado. If that isn't a valid example to you, I'm not sure what to say.
No that’s what you think or hope. It isn’t a fact. Who are these teams on the outside that are going to suddenly be on the inside cause portal and stuff? What’s to stop the teams at the top from hitting the portal too? Same with NIL. Colorado? Seriously? You’re that influenced by the sports media? Colorado is a media creation and will end this season with a very unremarkable record.

I know people want equity and inclusion in college football but it ain’t happening. Just because some also ran coach has a few more good players, that doesn’t mean he knows what to do with them. Come on, y’all. Don’t be such sapps.