Berrien county 2013

Four

@creekhunter

Looks like dog to me...

coyote-vs-dog-track.jpg

Whitetailer

DANG Four.....

Look at you with the irrefutable answer....

Are you an attorney? Or did you just sleep in a Holiday Inn Express?

Whitetailer

creekhunter

Rut

Guys, it has started for us. We killed a 5-point (by mistake) Saturday morning. His neck was not swollen and he did not stink. We killed a pretty nice 8-point just before dark yesterday and his neck was swollen and he stunk so bad, its how we found him in the high grass field. They should be hot for the next couple of weeks!

Good hunting!

Four

Guys, it has started for us. We killed a 5-point (by mistake) Saturday morning. His neck was not swollen and he did not stink. We killed a pretty nice 8-point just before dark yesterday and his neck was swollen and he stunk so bad, its how we found him in the high grass field. They should be hot for the next couple of weeks!

Good hunting!

woo woo!

Looking to head up sometime later this week.. packing slowly.. hopefully it's nice and cold up there and the bucks are runnin'. :cheers:

spearjunky

talked to people in my camp and they seen bucks every sit but little ones that was sunday maybe big boys will be up now

creekhunter

Weather

Billy:

Its 50-degrees now and going down to 42 tonight. The high tomorrow is supposed to be about 72. We expect to see something in the morning. Son saw two does late this evening.

creekhunter

This morning

I watched a very tall-tine 6-point chase a teasing doe at 7:40 this morning. A spike joined the chase briefly, until the 6-point speared him. They crashed around in the woods for several minutes. Saw 2-yearlings in the same area. Figured they belonged to the doe. Its on guys!:clap:

timj1633

I've been hunting in Alapaha every weekend since opening day. I haven't seen the movement I've come accustomed to the past couple years around this time. Is it just me or the rut a little late coming? I'm not seeing what everyone else is saying they are.

billy336

Pretty quiet outta the guys, no report. Prolly means they killed gooduns. I'll be up in two weeks, I'm hoping its late :D

creekhunter

Rut

I've been hunting in Alapaha every weekend since opening day. I haven't seen the movement I've come accustomed to the past couple years around this time. Is it just me or the rut a little late coming? I'm not seeing what everyone else is saying they are.

Saturday morning, I watched a very tall-tine 6-point chasing a doe. My son killed an 8-point Sunday morning that was chasing several does. His neck was not very swollen and his hocks did not stink, so I think he was just getting in the mood. We've had a good year so far.

Four

Haven't seen any action either... Maybe we need a big cold snap...

sghoghunter

Well guys we was working in the riverside area and rowetown church area in east berrien co and the bucks are chasing doe's right now.We saw 2 real good bucks behind doe's at 11:30 and saw deer all morning

Whitetailer

Whitetailer report...

Was on the Alapaha river property from 6th. to the 12th. I intended to stay longer, but the property is a mess. The hardwoods are being cut and there will when it is all over be 95% of the river bottom gone and high hardwoods too. In the foresters words, " we will cut whatever we can make into a board and anything else will put through the chipper". I have seven ladder stands that were in the woods and are now in a lone tree with no cover within hundreds of yards. After the hardwoods are cut they will start on thinning the pines. I saw four deer for my entire stay. The son saw one deer in four days and took him. We hoped that a weekend with no work being done might yield some activity. I put my son on a food plot and when I turned the corner to drive off I saw a huge excavator parked right on the corner of the plot. Nice... The heavy equipment is running sun up to sun down with log trucks running the length of the property all day too. They have two dump trucks hauling sand to the roadways throughout the property as the roads are severely rutted from the heavy loads. Now it will be a good thing in the long run. There are trees within 30 feet of the river and tree lines along the sloughs too with a few several acre patches of woods here and there. Of course we do not know what the new landowner plans to do as far as cleaning up and re planting. It is just a matter of poor timing for us on the lease to have this work done in season. I have trail cam pictures of before and after with the big cutters and skidders clearing the woods. The guys on the adjacent lease are having a banner harvest.

Whitetailer..........:banginghe