Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Lindseys Grandpa

Sprayberry's ain't Sprayberry's anymore. I think they lost the recipe or something when they moved to the interstate. Since I don't travel down I-75 anymore I have to wait till I get to Columbus for some good Q. Clearview is about 2 rock throws from Daffin's deer processing, so that works out somedays (not many:() but I do like Macon Road Bar-b-que.:p Been around for 50 years.
But there appears to be some intriguing joints in downtown (Hwy 27) Lagrange. I wish someone would tell us about them. The one right on the main drag and is always

Lindseys Grandpa

Sprayberry's ain't Sprayberry's anymore. I think they lost the recipe or something when they moved to the interstate. Since I don't travel down I-75 anymore I have to wait till I get to Columbus for some good Q. Clearview is about 2 rock throws from Daffin's deer processing, so that works out somedays (not many:() but I do like Macon Road Bar-b-que.:p Been around for 50 years.
But there appears to be some intriguing joints in downtown (Hwy 27) Lagrange. I wish someone would tell us about them. The one right on the main drag and is always crowded.
Next time thru put JR' Bbq 191 Pine rd. in your GPS . About 1 mile off exit 41 . Its a roadside bbq. stand , meat is cooked on a outside pit in front of stand . Open Tues-Sat only sells sandwiches and plates . My Brother runs it.

Smokey Pig in Columbus
They use a collar cut (think boneless butt) cut in cubes: good smoke and bark in every bite. I just add a little salt as I am not a big sauce guy... it covers up too much meat taste for me!

bilgerat

Senior
I Tried the black pig BBQ on lanier islands pky in Buford and I have to say it was the worst Q I've ever tried to eat. Nothing but tons of dry rub that caked the meat so thick I couldnt taste nothing else, no meat or smoke flavor , just overwhelming taste of a bad homemade rub. I tried the ribs but could not eat them. just awful.

tr21

Excellent bbq Highly Recommended(y)
https://jimssmokinque.com
DEAR GOD no way ! my brother and I went there after hearing how good it is. neither of us finished our plates and it was very expensive, that was the nastiest Brunswick stew i've ever had and the brisket wasn't much better, brother had pork and stew and said same. we threw away about half of it and will never go back. and we live up there. i would go to ingles and buy the premade stuff and heat it on the car engine before going back there. i normally dont rip a place figuring it was just a bad day, but with both of us having different meals and both were bad i cant be quiet !

DBM78

Put it on the list Buc-ee's brisket sandwich without a doubt the best brisket sandwich I've had in Ga. I went Monday for the grand opening of the new travel center in Calhoun. There is a lot of good pork bbq in Georgia beef is a little bit tougher to find. For 5.99 I'll put up Buc-ee's against any restaurant.

Attachments

• 20210823_121654.jpg
    20210823_121654.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210823_115950.jpg
    20210823_115950.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 38

Concrete Pete

North Ga:
Cherry Log and Big D’s
(If I am at one of these it usually means I was running around the mountains. Hunger is the best sauce.)

In the city:
Pig n Chick (haven’t seen them mentioned)

Miscellaneous:

Bucees brisket tacos are unbeatable for the price.

Mattval

The Smoque Pit in Statesboro, GA! Those Beef Brisket tacos! Oh my Gravy!

Concrete Pete

Put it on the list Buc-ee's brisket sandwich without a doubt the best brisket sandwich I've had in Ga. I went Monday for the grand opening of the new travel center in Calhoun. There is a lot of good pork bbq in Georgia beef is a little bit tougher to find. For 5.99 I'll put up Buc-ee's against any restaurant.

I like Buc-ee’s and mentioned their brisket in an earlier post.

However, Fox Bros has the best brisket. I’m talking just straight up brisket meat no sandwich bun.

Fox Bros gets some hate because it’s so well known and they’re becoming a chain situation, but the brisket from the original restaurant is unparalleled in GA.

Concrete Pete

We like Fox Brothers too.

Yes, it’s a great place. Do you have any other recommendations for brisket places that can compare? I’d love to branch out more, but I keep coming back to fox bros because I cannot find a place with better brisket.