Better feeding and cycling

Madman

Built a .243 on a ‘98 Mauser receiver for my wife about 35 years ago. I put a stop on the bolt to shorten the bolt stroke. It worked ok but the smaller diameter round needs a little more lift.

I have decided to shorten the follower and thin the front of the follower to give more lift to the round.

First step, how much to remove?

2640627F-4D4A-461C-A1EB-D8AEDFE95B0A.jpeg

Last edited:

Clemson

I generally use a Remington short action follower and spring make a block for the magazine.

mwood1985

I've gotta play with the same issue on a 6.5x55 Swedish action sporter i have. Ill throw a update in once I get to it this weekend. Girlfriend wants her deer rifle back

Madman

I've gotta play with the same issue on a 6.5x55 Swedish action sporter i have. Ill throw a update in once I get to it this weekend. Girlfriend wants her deer rifle back
My kids are coming to town to celebrate a birthday. Mine will have to wait another week.

Madman

I generally use a Remington short action follower and spring make a block for the magazine.
Unfortunately I don’t have a Remington, but I have plenty of old Mausers.

Madman

Yes they did. But why spend $30.00 on one when I can cut up 10 good ones, frustrate the junk out of myself and ultimately make one that looks like Fido’s rump.
:giggle: