Between what is Caesar's and what is God's, is there an indication somewhere in scripture where the red or blue dividing line is?

Madman

I'm not exactly sure what your getting at. Hope it is not that I was willing with questions to snare anyone or anything. Perhaps you see into something else however. Was it the question Jesus asked Judas?

My hoped for direction of the topic was not, is not, toward the individual Christian or how the individual goes about to eventually marking a ballot, rather it is questioning how Christian organization (s) of all kinds single organizations and in fellowship have got themselves embedded as full participant in the political sphere willing to be courted in campaigns, grooming church attendees to support campaigns and specific candidates, pamphleteering for candidates, etc.

At what point is this counter productive to the intend of the Gospel or the spiritual life of the Church as a credible institution ministering to the faithful and to the world? Or there is not problem, the church and politics are to trade with each other: The church gives itself to politics and politics gives it self to the church. this is how it is meant to be. It is where the sacrifice is?

I'm trying to look at this from the perspective of young people today in part, who must assess both institutions the church and politics by what they both do and what the say separately and when they are hitched up together.

Maybe there are no red lines. Maybe there is no contradiction and it is contradiction only to the young immature mind that spiritual organizations who advocate for the freeing of the world's captives turn around and in politics organize themselves to promote authoritarian regimes in the name of getting things done-- like changing laws that are by themselves just?

Or not indifferent to sin in their ranks, assemblies are indifferent to it in the world because being at war with the world all is just in love and war? War is never pretty. Maybe there is no line. Maybe giving to God and giving to Caesar is the same thing in this generation and was meant to be. Maybe the Kingdom teaches that in the world we are to give and take exactly as is happening today.
It was a quip about Jesus and the question posed to him regarding the coin.

Later I tried to answer the OP. I would add that everything has become political, however the preacher pushing them is a bad look. His responsibility is to push Christ. There are topics that need to be addressed from a Biblical perspective, but once addressed let the politics fall where they may.

I was much like SemperFiDawg with Trump. I was called a fool, I was killing the country, wasting a vote.

So be it.

gordon 2

What is of the world loves its own.
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies. Much appreciated. And Israel. What do you mean by the above? Can you sort of expand?

Israel

BANNED
The case of evaporating posts. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But I still find this a worthy quote:

Both sides sell their inheritance for Esau's stew.

Last edited:

gordon 2

Sitting in my corner---no pain to me.

I'm sitting in my corner
Doing my bit.
Facebook comes in front of my face with,
"YouTube done IDed your deficits."

Said, "We got the ointment for your dry lips."
"We got the salve to your every itch
Sitting in your corner, doing your bit."

I said "Now listen! Facebook and YouTube fool too!
"Keep u hands to u selves!"
And, " I don't mind the itch on them cracking lips,
Sitting in my corner doing my bit."

Blessings bros. :)

Last edited: