I've finally come to terms with all the different religions

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Before you can believe in anything you got to believe in what you’re reading. As for me I believe The Bible. If I don’t believe it to be 100 percent accurate I can’t stand on a firm foundation. There are many different religions but none has the proof that the Bible has. The heavens declare his glory through creation. Studying the Bible and how it was handed down is a great study. Studying prophecy and seeing it fulfilled several hundred years later makes it accurate cause no man could fulfill prophecy but God.

Then we see that The Word was made flesh(Jesus). We see that Jesus was crucified and raised by the dead. First hand witness of not only the diciples but 500 seen him after he was risen in 1st Corinthians 15. That’s not made up by man but we see first hand eye witnesses that saw him risen from the dead. As for I’ll believe “in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”. I’ll believe Jesus when he said “let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me”. You see it isn’t about believing in God, the devils believe the is one God and tremble. It’s about believing in Jesus, denying ourselves and realizing the only way to heaven is through him.

Core Lokt

Good works will not get you to Hevan. Believing that Jesus died and rose from the dead for your sins and is the Son of God will. I say this being a Christian. Domination doesn't matter.

You ask what makes this belief true. Therre are verses in the Holly Bible that will explain this, I can't quote them but they are there.

If my belief is hocus pocus I have only wasted my time. If it is not and you don't believe it, you are in trouble eternally.

Core Lokt

My best advice is talk to someone who you know to be a true God fearing person that is versed in the Bible. Don't try to figure it out one your own.

gordon 2

My best advice is talk to someone who you know to be a true God fearing person that is versed in the Bible. Don't try to figure it out one your own.

I get where you are coming from. Many Christians have been gravely influenced by individuals who used the bible thinking they were well versed and were not at all. Believing themselves not alone being they understood that they were being lead by the Holy Spirit and so understanding they were doing good, even to deny the Holy Spirit's involvement with the Church if that was even possible and so figuring things on their own they unknowingly lead many to destruction. They became and have become and were and are agents to try the saints and so test their faith.

2 I know thy works, and thy labor, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars"

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast labored, and hast not fainted.

4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

The above is from Revelations chapter 2 "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus".

Now I am a simple man. All I have is my wits, a born again heart, a will to do God's will. ( If I am a half wit, be it that the half missing was taken away by the Lord. Amen.) I'm not much different than anyone else I suppose. And so when I read the above verses I read that a saint and an assembly of saints can believe and yet God can " remove thy candlestick out of his place". Now we are told what the term candlestick means in Chapter 1: "the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches" The church of Ephesus is one of theses churches or assemblies.

Now the church of Ephesus does a good thing or things as we are told it:

"I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars"

Yet! They are fallen to the extent they must repent. They must return to their first work(s) we are told.

Now it is interesting to me that the individuals that compromise the church of Ephesus being faithful believers will loose their church if they do not also do their first works! Or God will remove the church from under their feet if they don't do in addition to the works they do well. That being in addition their first works.

So what does this tell me as simple man. Well, God seems to point out that the church is important to a believer. The believers are required to do essential works so the church will be able to do God's will.

Now since to my simple mind the church is really the gathering of the saints, those who believe, it follows that just as God is able to remove his church due the lack of certain works and so to continue fellowship with a church that maintains certain works...it follows for me that works in the context of being in Christ are required for salvation. That as a man or a woman can loose his/her church yet they believe they can also be cut off yet they believe if they do not temper everything they do with the "first works" of our faith.

We are cautioned many will say, "Lord, Lord" and our Lord will not know them because their works were just not there according to God's will.

So sorry for being long winded but in the context of using the bible I was never good as a sprinter especially when running up hills. When I jog however mountains vanish. I hope you know that I am a fellow pilgrim and not perfect and thank you for your posts that have given me the opportunity to pray and seek more guidance in His word. May God bless us more and more.

Now one last thing or things. People well versed in the bible are a dime a million. They all have their individual races and I have my own. It is my "feeling" that the church has a better chance at insight regards the faith than a million well versed bible students no matter how super duper versed they are. God chose to nurture my heart first with relatively little regard to being well versed in scripture. ( And if I understand prophecy at all this is the way it was meant to be for everyone! not just me.) And not only did He do a good work on my heart He called me to witness from it first and foremost as the basis of any truth in Him and of my-our belief. He called me to work on it, "and don't stop working on it". "Or else" ... " you and I know what really you are without Me." I can never forget my first works... to such an extent that was I blind latter today and unable to hear, it would be sufficient food to fellowship and be truly alive with God and others.

Last edited: