BH209 is the REAL DEAL!!

aaronward9

I posted a thread a few days ago about getting horrible performance out of my CVA Optima Pro muzzleloader. I asked folks on here for advice and y'all gave me plenty! I took the advice of "Slayer" and it paid off. I Pm'd him last night to see if I could call him today and he had no problem with it so I called him and he told me what to do. I did it and the results I got were unbelievable!!

I found some BH209 at Sportsmans Warehouse in Chattanooga yesterday. I bought that and some T/C Shockwaves (250 gr. yellow tip) and went to the range this evening after work. After 45 mins., I was done!

I popped off 2 caps before loading anything. I then loaded 110 gr. of BH209 and then the shockwave. I shot and hit the big circle, but had adjustments to make. I made my adjustments with the next 4 shots (no swabbing or cleaning in between....thank ya Lord!!). Then, I swabbed the barrel real good, changed my target, and shot 3 shots back to back to back with no cleaning or anything in between. Here are my results:

Shot #1 - After I shot, my buddy said, "You flinched." That's the hole about 1.5" to the right. Still a dead deer!

Shot #2 - Dead center, 1" high! PERFECT!

Shot #3 - Same hole as shot #2!

I usually don't jump on the bandwagon with stuff, but this powder is amazing! When I was shooting Pyrodex and Powerbelts, I was all over the place. To put 2 shots in almost the same hole with a muzzleloader is amazing to me. It wasn't my great ability to shoot, it's what I'm shooting!

Sorry to carrying on so long, but I am excited about this! I've never had a muzzleloader shoot so good and every time I went hunting with one, I was always scared to pull the trigger.. Not anymore though!

Here are my pics!! Enjoy!

***Note... Disregard rifle hole on the right. That was from the other day!

Attachments

• P1010088.jpg
    P1010088.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 250
  • P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 251

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
gotta love it aaron! I been telling yall that BH is the cats meow for sure.

congrats on a new addiction. remember I gave up centerfires when I found BH

R

redneckcamo

nothin like a good day at the range followed by a keyboard dance on woodys:yeah:...!

congrats aaron on having something you KNOW is gonna GETERDONE ..:cool::cool::cool:

Slayer

way to go bubba!!!! all you did is make the gun reach it full potential...and then you followed up by holding her steady!!!!

good gun + good load + a steady hand = meat in da cooler!!!!!

great job!!! post pixs when ya plow one under!!!!

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Yep. The real deal! Check out this group! 100 yd 3 shot group, 110 grains BH209, 300 grain Nosler Partition, and yes I have it sighted high so I can shoot accurately at 200 yds.

Attachments

• 100yd_300grNosler.jpg
    100yd_300grNosler.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 210

nx95240

going by Sportsmans Warehouse tues. after work and i need some powder anyways and might have to get some and try...

aaronward9

going by Sportsmans Warehouse tues. after work and i need some powder anyways and might have to get some and try...

i bought the last can they had! hope they get more in for ya! If they do, PM me and I may have you buy me another can of it. Stuff is like crack right now!