Blob target vs Morrell high roller

Antfinn88

I'm looking to buy a new target this weekend. As of now I've only ever had a bag target so I'm trying to decide between the Morrell high roller or and Blob target. Anyone with experience with both? Which one holds up longer? Does it hold up if you shoot broadheads at them? I need something to practice shooting broadheads into so that's pretty important. Also I want something I can toss in the truck and take with me if I'm out hunting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-172430_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-172430_Facebook.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220721-172533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-172533_Chrome.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 5

ddd-shooter

The blob is anything but portable. Does well with broadheads, but as mentioned, there’s a reason we practice with field points unless you have money to burn.

Tempted by the high roller myself, but I’ll have to wait a few years as I picked up a blob two years ago! Lol

Antfinn88

The blob is anything but portable. Does well with broadheads, but as mentioned, there’s a reason we practice with field points unless you have money to burn.

Tempted by the high roller myself, but I’ll have to wait a few years as I picked up a blob two years ago! Lol

I do like the portability of the high roller. I've just heard from a few people that the blob targets hold up a bit longer. Seems like I might just have to invest in 1 of each. The 22x22 blob targets are only $99 which seems like a good deal.

ILbowhntr

Did you happen to look at the Matrix?
I’ve had mine for over 18 months, I shoot broadheads every day, only 2 of the modules will allow pass throughs.
Up front cost is higher, but I think it’ll last a long time.

I do like the portability of the high roller. I've just heard from a few people that the blob targets hold up a bit longer. Seems like I might just have to invest in 1 of each. The 22x22 blob targets are only $99 which seems like a good deal.
Blobs will last a long darn time. It takes a long time to shoot one out of you shoot at different places. They are a tank not something you wana move around

tell sackett

The blob 22x22 is $199 according to their site. I’ve had good service from a Rhino 18-1 for broadheads shooting a crossbow, but it’s not for field points.

Antfinn88

Did you happen to look at the Matrix?
I’ve had mine for over 18 months, I shoot broadheads every day, only 2 of the modules will allow pass throughs.
Up front cost is higher, but I think it’ll last a long time.

I'll have to look at that one!

Antfinn88

The blob 22x22 is $199 according to their site. I’ve had good service from a Rhino 18-1 for broadheads shooting a crossbow, but it’s not for field points.

Yeah I saw that they were $199 on their site so for $99 that seems like a steal. I've looked at the Rhino too. What happens when you shoot field tips with it?

tell sackett

I don’t know about a vertical bow and I’ve never actually shot a field point into mine, but I’ve been told if you do you’re gonna tear something up getting your arrow out.

Just curious, where did you see a blob for $99? If you can get one for that price I’d say jump on it.

Antfinn88

I don’t know about a vertical bow and I’ve never actually shot a field point into mine, but I’ve been told if you do you’re gonna tear something up getting your arrow out.

Just curious, where did you see a blob for $99? If you can get one for that price I’d say jump on it.

Lamar's trail shop. They posted it up on their Facebook page. $99 for the small ones and $175 for the larger ones.(30x41)

elhoward622

I pretty much only shoot my broadheads to get my tune correct, so I’m not just practicing with broadheads 24/7. I bought a $50 foam “broadhead” capable target that I only shoot broadheads through when I need to. The rest of the time I’m just shooting my bag target with field tips. I bought a really expensive target with replaceable cores that was supposed to be a “get what you pay for” deal and would last a long time but a couple of Simmons basically ruined it within the first few shots.

You sure don’t wana shoot crossbows at the blob ! I shot my tenpoint havoc 440 at one it stopped it right up to the fletchings and was a major pita to remove ! Won’t do that again

Lamar's trail shop. They posted it up on their Facebook page. $99 for the small ones and $175 for the larger ones.(30x41)
Is Lamar’s trail shop same as Lamar’s archery ? I guess they moved from the old place ? Haven’t been to them in years. Use to do a lot of business with Lamar’s archery over there

tell sackett

You sure don’t wana shoot crossbows at the blob ! I shot my tenpoint havoc 440 at one it stopped it right up to the fletchings and was a major pita to remove ! Won’t do that again

Just curious, were you shooting a broadhead or field tip?

ASH556

I've had the Rinehart Rhinoblock for almost 2 years now. I practice with field points, but do most of my practice on a 3 spot Vegas face at 20 yds, so the target takes a beating and in the same spot. Not had a pass-through yet. By comparison, I was going through a Yellow Jacket Stinger bag in 2 weeks. The thing I like about the Rinehart is that it has a replaceable core. When I do shoot broadheads (confirming before season) I just shoot the center of the core. that way I can replace it once it wears out. Still not had a passthrough, though.

We tried putting lube on the shaft to help pull out heck it when further in with the lube. It was melting the graphics printed in the shaft

tell sackett

If I’m not mistaken, always a distinct possibility, isn’t the blob intended for broadheads only?