Break-in attemped at my Son's house

groundhawg

I received this email from my Son this morning after someone tried to break into his home.......

I try hard to display my faith in God. Sometimes that is harder than others. This time, the evidence in things unseen isn't really that hard. In fact, I have no explanation other than GOD is in control.

At 12:20 am (this morning, 0020 hours) my fire alarm beeped. Not the full alarm, the beep it makes when the batteries are going dead. I just changed the batteries about 2 weeks ago! They shouldn't be beeping! I got up- a little perturbed that I was going to have to mess with the fire alarms again. They ate my hands up last time and I got shocked hooking them up to the AC power lines. I wasn't happy.

I walked out of my room (beep) it was the one next to Tazlina's room. 3 steps (beep) yep, Tazlina's room. 3 more steps (beep- now at Tazlina's room), (beep) now I'm at the alarm. I put my hand up to cover the speaker. (beep) except now it's the one downstairs. (Beep) - the one downstairs? Completely confused by the fact that Tazlina's has stopped beeping I went to get the step ladder out of the kitchen. I would need it to get to the alarm downstairs. Take about 5 steps (beep from downstairs). Take a few more (beep from downstairs). Get the ladder out of the kitchen- nothing. Silence. I walked to the stairs that look down towards our front down and continue down to the basement where the 2nd alarm was beeping. When I got to the top step I looked out the windows that are on each side of the front door. There was someone standing on my front porch, back-lit by the street light. He must have seen me too (I couldn't see his face) because he went back down the stairs quickly and out into my yard.

He was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. All in less time than I can type or you can read, I woke Sundrea up, called 911, and grabbed my shotgun. The Coweta County deputy was there in less than 10 minutes. He did a thorough search of my property and the surrounding area. He also said he would be back throughout the night and week at odd intervals. He felt sure based on my description that it was a teenager looking to see if we were home (and if not) had anything to steal. He said that spring break has caused a spike in that sort of crime.

Oh, and after I got the step ladder- my alarms did not beep again. Not once. Not for the rest of the night. Coincidence? I think not.

Psalm 91
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

FishFanatic

No doubt, God was in control. Thats an awesome email. Encourage your son to get that email out and about. It can help people, believers or not.

groundhawg

FF thanks for the reply.

Checked with John this afternoon and he told me again that the alarms never made another sound after he saw the would be robber. He checked with his wife this afternoon and they still have not made a peep since last night.

I have forwarded to everyone I know and I am going to suggest to John that he copy and share with his neighbors.

That way along with warning them about what almost happened to his home he could share the story of what God did and if the thief reads it he might just note the part about; " I grabbed my shotgun" and think twice about how close he came to meeting his maker.

pnome

It could have been the thief messing with your power in an attempt to thwart any alarm system you might have.