Brother Laser Printers

BriarPatch99

Do any you guys/gals use Brother Laser printers at your home or office ... I am looking at the HL-L6200DW it is wireless and use the TN 820, TH 850 and TN 880 toner packs ....

I am tired of buying high priced in cartridges that last no time.... I do have a good Epson for any color needed ...

IIICrkRepr

We have the MFC J6545DW and it works great. Wireless is seamless, scanning is easy, got the 1st year of toner free.

treemanjohn

Banned
I have 8 HL2270DW's and they're tanks. They're a down and dirty cheap printer and I'll bet they've run well of 10k prints a piece

Jethro Bodean

I don't have a Brother laser printer, but I have one of their inkjet 4-in-1 things. I am very pleased with it, being able to print, scan, copy and fax wirelessly - even from my cell phone. Cartridges aren't dirt cheap, but they are reasonable, and last a long time.

I have vowed to never, ever, ever buy another HP printer for as long as I live, because of their absurd cartridge prices.

BriarPatch99

I don't have a Brother laser printer, but I have one of their inkjet 4-in-1 things. I am very pleased with it, being able to print, scan, copy and fax wirelessly - even from my cell phone. Cartridges aren't dirt cheap, but they are reasonable, and last a long time.

I have vowed to never, ever, ever buy another HP printer for as long as I live, because of their absurd cartridge prices.

I got Epson, HP, Lexmark, Canon ... and none of the cartridges are anything near reasonable ... I did refill the black #60 HP cartridge for quite a while ... it finally quit working and none of the dozen or so other #60 will work either ... NO HP for me either .... all the reason I am looking into the Brother Laser ...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If you think your toners are high, go price mine. Xerox Phaser 7500DN.... sit down while you are looking.

1586227223843.png

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
OH yeah... I have had a few Brother laser printers over the years. And they all gave good service for me. Probably as reliable as the HP printers I run. They were all multi function machines, and monotone printers. The HPs I run are all color lasers.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've had a Brother, I wore it out after 5 or 6 years. Have a samsung now and it does fine. Years ago I found an off-brand toner site that sells for at least 50% less than the big box office supply stores. If I can find the link, I'll post it.

hipster dufus

got 2 brothers, all in one,mfc7840w and a simple laser. iv tried the color ink jets, cartridges too $$$, try to go cheap and half the time they dont work. a toner
cartridgel lasts for yrs at my house. i mean yrs. just buy the high yield cartridge. oem. buy once, cry once.

BriarPatch99

Thanks fellows .... I see I am not the only one tired of ink cartridges and the ripoff !!!

I don't have a wireless printer either and I may print 10 color pages a year with everything else in black ....

I do have two Epson printers for photos and they do print really good photos ....one has seven cartridges at $20 each ....the other has five cartridges at $24 each .... but I save up my needed photos and send them to a pro lab .....for way less $$ than the cost of paper and ink ....

I probably am pulling the trigger on the Brother 6200 soon .....

Artfuldodger

Thanks fellows .... I see I am not the only one tired of ink cartridges and the ripoff !!!

I don't have a wireless printer either and I may print 10 color pages a year with everything else in black ....

I do have two Epson printers for photos and they do print really good photos ....one has seven cartridges at $20 each ....the other has five cartridges at $24 each .... but I save up my needed photos and send them to a pro lab .....for way less $$ than the cost of paper and ink ....

I probably am pulling the trigger on the Brother 6200 soon .....

Did you settle on the 6200? If I go with a Brother Laser printer I'll probably go with an All-In-One. I like the scan and copy options.

Thanks for the link to this thread. I have about decided to go Laser though. I've had it with them headaches.

BriarPatch99

I haven't order yet .....I have a really good scanner I use ...

the all in one would be nice.... Only problem if one part messes up ....you end with separate pieces anyway ....

I have three ink jet scanner printer fax .... can't afford ink for them ....print 150 pages ...out ink....bunch **.

Tunaman

BANNED
Reason I wentBrother was hp the warranty runs out so does customer service. I had a problem hp wanted $40 up front before they would talk to me, no guarantee they could help. I went straight to store bought brother. Plus they have such a good help oageI’ve never had to call them.

Artfuldodger

I just got my Brother MFCL2710DW set up via USB to my desk top. I tried the wi-fi way but haven't had any luck. I figured it would pick up my router and then I'd enter the name and password just like on a phone or laptop. It timed out. I did reset the Network settings. I then chose WLAN in the setup and it still could not find it. I then did the network reset and tried Wi-Fi direct and it never found it. I may try that later.

So I ran the Install CD and it said my PC operating system wasn't compatible with the CD. That I'd need to go to Brother and download one for my OS, which is Windows 64.
That worked pretty good and it wanted to install a couple of extra things. I opted out of some Fax software. Then the printer connected to the Brother server and I had to install about three software updates for bugs, etc. That went smoothly too.

I've scanned, copied, and printed and it all works good. It must have set itself up as my default as it printed a chosen word document from the documents folder.

The software program on the PC looks a bit old and/or simple. Looks nothing like HP print and scan software. It's called "Brother Iprint & Scan. It works ok, the only thing I don't like is no options before scanning as to choose what type of document I want to save it as. Such as pdf, Word, or photo/JPG. It seems to save everything as a JPG. You can choose PDF before you save it. I never saw a way to save it as a Word document.
If scanning on the machine itself you can also choose JPG or PDF or TEXT. I chose Text and it saved it like an old Notepad looking document.

I don't guess that's a big deal as I would mostly save something as a JPG or a PDF file. Just that the software doesn't give any saving options up front.

Now I've got to order an Ink cartridge as this one us just a starter. I knew that but just wanted to make sure it worked before I ordered one.