Bubba filet knife

Anvil Head

Warren Glover makes excellent knives. Know him as a personal friend and fellow knifemaker - You can't go wrong with a "Bubba" knife in any style he makes. Yes, he is Bubba.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I have a lithium electric bubba. Love it. I had an issue with the first one, it wouldn’t shut off unless you removed the battery. I’ve had the knife for about 2 years. Emailed bubba, the asked for a few pics of it and sent me a brand new knife. Customer service at its best on top of a quality knife

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have one, love it.

sprewett

I will be getting me a Bubba blade then.
@menhadenman I have an entire kitchen set that was given to my wife and I 22 years ago when we got married. It is excellent stuff. The filet knife I have with it just doesn't seem to have enough flex like I would like.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
To be clear, I'm talking about the Bubba cordless electric knife. For a manual fillet knife, I like the old classic wooden-handled Rapalas.

sprewett

To be clear, I'm talking about the Bubba cordless electric knife. For a manual fillet knife, I like the old classic wooden-handled Rapalas.
No kidding you think the rapala out performs the bubba? I would.oove the rapala just for price point but I don't want to short change myself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No kidding you think the rapala out performs the bubba? I would.oove the rapala just for price point but I don't want to short change myself.
I've never used a Bubba manual, but it can't be much better than the Rapala. I've filleted untold thousands of fish over the years with the old wooden-handled Rapalas. Get sharp easy, hold an edge well, just the right flexibility. The Rapala is also the only knife I use butchering and cutting up deer.
I love my electric Bubba for cleaning big amounts of fish. This was about 20 minutes work for me and my buddy with two Bubba electrics:

IMG_0677.jpeg

menhadenman

I've never used a Bubba manual, but it can't be much better than the Rapala. I've filleted untold thousands of fish over the years with the old wooden-handled Rapalas. Get sharp easy, hold an edge well, just the right flexibility. The Rapala is also the only knife I use butchering and cutting up deer.
I love my electric Bubba for cleaning big amounts of fish. This was about 15-20 minutes work for me and my buddy with two Bubba electrics:

View attachment 1307000
I’ve got one of the old rapalas in my truck too. Bet I picked it up in the 90s. They do pretty good too!

You’re making me want to try an electric one now @NCHillbilly

Last edited:

Flatstacker

Bass pro lithium cordless has been my choice over the bubba blade solely due to price point. Cleaned many many fish and never been dissatisfied with the BP brand cordless.

krizia829

I am in the market for a new filet knife and was curious if Bubba knives are worth it?
Check out the Dexter Dextreme fillet knife. You won't be disappointed! It has the standard straight edge but on the other side, it has a serrated edge to cut through thick scales. We saw Viktor from Landshark Outdoors on YouTube use it and my husband bought one. It's a game changer. They're about $45