Bullwinkle on CNF

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man! That is a hoss, and very unique, too.

jbogg

I knew there was a good deer in this area, but I never owned any cameras until this year. I put the cameras out in mid November and then kept waiting on the right conditions before I hunted that spot and before I knew it the rut was over. Hiked back in there for the first time in a month to pull the camera last week and couldn’t believe what I had on camera. Like Strotherswacker said, I’ve been wearing my boot out kicking my back side ever since.

bany

Oh man, what a mountain relic!!
Hey I know that spot! Ikidikid....maybe?
hey it’s your turn isn’t it? Or did I miss something this season?

jbogg

Oh man, what a mountain relic!!
Hey I know that spot! Ikidikid....maybe?
hey it’s your turn isn’t it? Or did I miss something this season?

You didn’t miss a thing. I fired a single warning shot a bear all season and ushered a nice eight point to Sautee Ridge runner. Other than that I feel like I did a lot of hiking.

jbogg

Incredible mass! Did he visit several times through the month?
Incredible mass! Did he visit several times through the month?

He visited that scrape twice over a five day period at the end of November. Had the cameras on that scrape for 4 weeks, and in that time I got seven bucks on camera and not a single doe. Here’s a front angle pic from his nighttime visit.
2E567E13-9923-4CC6-BA9D-1267AE514062.jpeg

Buckman18

I would have to look it up. I honestly have no idea what county I am in when I am hunting up there.

Don't tell 'em! :p

I'm thinking not even in GA??

No telling were he went or where he came from and about kicking yourself if you would have been there he would't have been there been there done that killing a buck like that is like getting a limit of walleyes or grouse it can be done but everything got to go your way and he's got to fall in love but one thing about a pic makes you rub bare spots on your head

Sautee Ridgerunner

Thats something my cams are showing too Bogg. I get the same bucks every year but only for about two week periods and then gone and new bucks are in. Mtn deers are weirdos.

I only get bucks up there on my scrape cams but on my travel area cams Im betting my buck to doe ratio is 8-10:1

I think I know where that is. Thanks.

Doug B.

Good point, and I appreciate that. He’s up on that mountain. Keep walking uphill until you get to those oak trees. I’m afraid I can’t be any more specific.
That's almost as good as GPS coordinates. Now we all know where he is ?.

I would like to see another picture of him with you holding his head up in the back of the truck!